Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Keeping my EVO, but sad about it. (it is a jerky turner)

I agree with the jerky panning issue. I brought my Evo to Cancun a few weeks ago and all of the video I took is literally ruined by the jerky panning. Everything is great as long as I flew in a straight line but as soon as I barely touched the stick it would start jumping around. I couldn't see how bad it was while I was flying since I was looking at a small screen, but it was very noticeable when I reviewed it on my home monitor. It's almost impossible to control since there are no sensitivity settings. That, plus other issues such as not being able to assign specific commands to the "C" buttons has almost made me want to sell it. This is a classic example of a good product ruined by poor software.

I agree with the jerky panning issue. I brought my Evo to Cancun a few weeks ago and all of the video I took is literally ruined by the jerky panning. Everything is great as long as I flew in a straight line but as soon as I barely touched the stick it would start jumping around. I couldn't see how bad it was while I was flying since I was looking at a small screen, but it was very noticeable when I reviewed it on my home monitor. It's almost impossible to control since there are no sensitivity settings. That, plus other issues such as not being able to assign specific commands to the "C" buttons has almost made me want to sell it. This is a classic example of a good product ruined by poor software.
There is an expo setting for yaw, but it's buried in the menus. Settings>Flight Control>Advanced Settings>EXP> Will take you to a graph where you can set expo from 0.2 - 0.7 (0.5 is default).

Attachments

• 9250F09C-B33D-4623-8223-A8166162FC74.png
    9250F09C-B33D-4623-8223-A8166162FC74.png
    475.7 KB · Views: 13
I performed controlled experiments with the yaw setting in the XSP firmware and it had very little effect...even reported my findings to autel support which elicited very little interest on their part....2 days of my life down the tubes.

Does any one have links to a video of an EVO doing a large orbit (150-300 feet radius) at 60fps that looks smooth?

Orbit is a whole different story. It's horrible and unusable for anything professional like real estate.
It's shockingly bad.

Reactions: yrless
Ya I don't get it either, Autel just does not get it. I bought the Anafi just to see something different and it orbits ten times better then the EVO. Glad I never waisted my money on another Autel promised product that cannot deliver. The EVO makes pretty videos but heck we all did that with our X-Stars.
I agree that Autel should really get their stuff together and fix these issues. Supposedly they are putting the jerky orbit at top priority right now. However, I would not buy the Anafi simply because it is not a real professional grade drone like the Evo. Anafi is more for hobbyists while the Evo has the better build and specs. Firmware is fixable.

I agree that Autel should really get their stuff together and fix these issues. Supposedly they are putting the jerky orbit at top priority right now. However, I would not buy the Anafi simply because it is not a real professional grade drone like the Evo. Anafi is more for hobbyists while the Evo has the better build and specs. Firmware is fixable.
Funny, I know at least 3 pros bought the Anafi for roof inspections and look up under bridges. Its becomes another tool in their tool box when out on the job. Thats all any UAV is. All depends on how you use them.

Reactions: yrless
Funny, I know at least 3 pros bought the Anafi for roof inspections and look up under bridges. Its becomes another tool in their tool box when out on the job. Thats all any UAV is. All depends on how you use them.

I agree 100%....what was considered "pro" 3 or 4 years ago is now "hobby" so it absolutely depends on the intended use. The DJI Mavic was released originally for the "prosumer" crowd but is now the biggest selling drone for the pro market..in fact, the biggest selling drone across all categories.

This thread has confirmed my thoughts about the Evo and more importantly Autel Robotics. I've read back in some if the X-star threads and noticed a lot of broken promises. I'm afraid that the promise to fix the Orbit and jittery video may also be an empty one. Christ, they can't (won't) even update their own website. They still offer to sell Xstars. My gut has served me well this far so there is no way I'm going to plunking down a penny until they have all their bugs worked out. Even then, I'm really starting to wonder what the long term outcome will be for them as a company.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy