Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Keep getting camera Disconnected notice?

terraform

Reaction score
Hi.. everyone's been so helpful so far and I thought I had everything functioning OK but now I have this notice popping up whenever I try to work with the camera...

I have the remote just a few inches away from the drone. It's actually monitoring everything visually that I have the lens pointed at but when I press the record button nothing.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180308-164220.jpg
    Screenshot_20180308-164220.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 17
Terraform, Yes, checking the contacts on the gimbal, and making sure that the camera is snapped on tightly to the gimbal is usually the cause of intermittent operation.

Reactions: terraform
I had this problem in the fall just before it got real cold. Cleaned the contacts up real good and all was fine till today. Out in the field and no matter what I did it would disconnect 50 feet out. Had to land and remove camera several times before I got to fly. By that time I had it going I wasted almost half a battery just taking off and landing. I can see why DJI just went with a one camera option and permanent mount.

Crazy. I fly everyday since I bought it in August, 3-6 times a day. Have had the camera off and on just showing people, more times than I can count. Never an issue [knocks on wood ;) ] yet. You also may want to check they actual tension of the springy/flexible part that it is firm and not weak.

LOL.. I'm thinking of tinning all contact points with silver soldier for a more secure electrical conduction. Cheaper than gold or platinum!

I had this problem in the fall just before it got real cold. Cleaned the contacts up real good and all was fine till today. Out in the field and no matter what I did it would disconnect 50 feet out. Had to land and remove camera several times before I got to fly. By that time I had it going I wasted almost half a battery just taking off and landing. I can see why DJI just went with a one camera option and permanent mount.

Yeah that sounds like a logical move on the DJI camera.. I still like the removable gimbal just in case they ever come up with a 1 inch sensor, but the rep told me that Sony wasn't making enough of the 1 inch sensors which aren't exactly 1 inch anyway. Interesting that you can actually fly these without the gimbal attached they said. I wonder if that would increase the speed? Of course you'd have to use the force then!

Here's the final result on the tinning of my gimbal connectors. Nothing more annoying than losing your video feed. I used regular 60_40 solder(60tin_40lead). Silver solder would take more heat to melt and may damage the connectors. So far rock solid connection!

But don't do this if...

1) you're uncomfortable with soldering
2) you're worried about voiding the warranty
3) you're wife is watching

Cheers!Gimbal tinned.jpg without solder.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member