Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just unboxed

Willem

Reaction score
Hi im from vryheid south africa i just got my evo yesterday and charged my batt and did the firmware update but i notice my lights at the back stay yellow arent they suppose to go to green, thx will be watching for your reply.

Welcome to the forums!

The Evo lights are red in the front and yellow at the back. They won't turn green.

I don't understand your second post. Are you reffering there is no ATTI mode? If so, then you are correct. You cannot manually switch into ATTI.

The rear lights turn green when in gps mode
In order for the drone to engage GPS mode it must be able to "see" the satellites and lock into their signals. It sounds like you are powering up inside a building that is blocking the GPS satellite signals. Move the bird outside.

Thx thats why it dont go to gos mode will try it outside
@Willem The rear lights on the EVO are primarily for indicating the Status of your aircraft as well as any alarms. Alarm alerts on your screen and beeper are also represented by the yellow or red color of the rear lights and the flashing pattern being shown. (Page 2 in Quick Start Guide and Page 5-6 in EVO manual) When your drone goes through its check list of calibrations and is Ready To Fly if it is flashing yellow its in ATTI Mode (no GPS lock) and can be flown with caution. If the lights are flashing green then its in GPS Mode and ready to fly. Your RC controller screen will have GPS Mode displayed on the Telemetry Screen (not Cam view screen) unless you are near restricted air space and then that Warning will be displayed. But you can see the GPS bar graph as an indicator of how many satellites your drone is locking on to. As long as the rear lights remain flashing green you have GPS lock and your battery level is above your low warning settings.

If you power up outside and still don't get a GPS lock after a minute or two with green flashing lights, please consult the manual pages I listed to identify any alarm that is preventing take off. You may have magnetic interference from metal nearby or a calibration that needs to be performed.

Enjoy your new aircraft. I'm sure you will be posting some great videos in the future from SA.

Last edited:
Thx i will post some vid the wind is just very strong today i dont want to risk losing my drone,, i will try again tomorrow.

Mine have never turned green in gps mode. My DJI does though.
You may want to contact Autel then because they do turn green (or are supposed to) once you have a GPS lock. With that said, and a serious question, do you possibly suffer from some type of color blindness?

You may want to contact Autel then because they do turn green (or are supposed to) once you have a GPS lock. With that said, and a serious question, do you possibly suffer from some type of color blindness?
I will never send my Evo to Autel again... and no, I am not color blind. My Evo gets GPS just fine and flies great. I can't miss what I have never had, so I'll survive without the green lights.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I will never send my Evo to Autel again... and no, I am not color blind. My Evo gets GPS just fine and flies great. I can't miss what I have never had, so I'll survive without the green lights.
Cool, do whatever. Your bird, don't care really. Deuces.

If anyone is interested in reading the manual the break down of what the lights should look like during flight is on Chapter 2 section 2 2.1.2 Flight LED Indicators. I know not many read it but you would be surprised at what you can learn if you do ;)

Attachments

• EVO-User-Manual-English.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
If anyone is interested in reading the manual the break down of what the lights should look like during flight is on Chapter 2 section 2 2.1.2 Flight LED Indicators. I know not many read it but you would be surprised at what you can learn if you do ;)

Lovely thanks for the manual, as I though, green is all good to go. I wonder. why @Ansia has no green lights.....sounds unusual. unless you are constantly flying in atti mode (of which I am uncapable of.!!:).

Lovely thanks for the manual, as I though, green is all good to go. I wonder. why @Ansia has no green lights.....sounds unusual. unless you are constantly flying in atti mode (of which I am uncapable of.!!:).
There is no real way to trigger ATTI mode, unless you put aluminum foil on top of your Evo. Autel had my Evo for 4 weeks (37 days if you include shipping days) and never found my initial problem, nor did they say anything about not getting green lights. I haven't read the entire manual, so I assumed the yellow lights were a normal thing, until this thread. I don't really pay attention to the lights on the drone, since all the information I need is given between the app and the controller.

I never fly with less than 10 satellites and a secure home point. I have experienced fly aways, so I like precise data when I fly. I usually fly in the city, so suffering a fly away is really not an option.

There is no real way to trigger ATTI mode, unless you put aluminum foil on top of your Evo. Autel had my Evo for 4 weeks (37 days if you include shipping days) and never found my initial problem, nor did they say anything about not getting green lights. I haven't read the entire manual, so I assumed the yellow lights were a normal thing, until this thread. I don't really pay attention to the lights on the drone, since all the information I need is given between the app and the controller.

I never fly with less than 10 satellites and a secure home point. I have experienced fly aways, so I like precise data when I fly. I usually fly in the city, so suffering a fly away is really not an option.

It’s certainly a very interesting issue you have, or not have as the case seems. I wonder if it’s a simple wiring issue or other basic indicator light anomaly. I guess if you’re all good then you are all good regardless of the light colour.

Here’s the indicator light chart from the manual.

Attachments

• 2016EBCE-2876-4364-8151-CAF1DEB110AC.png
    2016EBCE-2876-4364-8151-CAF1DEB110AC.png
    337.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Ansia
Hi im from vryheid south africa i just got my evo yesterday and charged my batt and did the firmware update but i notice my lights at the back stay yellow arent they suppose to go to green, thx will be watching for your reply.
Maybe your location in Africa has something to do with it. I don't know how satellite coverage varies in other parts of the world but I think Autel designed the bird to be flown in the US. Make sure you are clear of any obstructions overhead when you are checking your GPS connection and check in the app to see how many satillites (if any) you have on the bird. You should get at least a couple I would think. For a strong connection, you'll need around 10.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials