Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just curious, if the EVO 2 6k came out first would you have waited for the 8k to come out.

SilverDragon

Reaction score
The reason I ask this is because some people had to have it now so the 8k came out first so they bought the 8k. The 2nd part is this! If the 6k and 8k came out at the same exact time with one would you opt

Interesting question. I currently have an 8k on order right now. For the price, I'm good with this. I'm not looking to make crazy high def pics or movies but I like the frame of the drone. The pro was just not worth the added cost. I think I'd stay with what I have in order, no matter which came out first.

I shoot mostly video, so the sensor size is not as critical as it might be if it were all about the still photography. However, as it will likely be my last drone,* I have been leaning towards the pro so I have the options both ways, but I am not jumping in until both have some decent circulation within the drone community... no bleeding edge for me. I want to read and watch multiple reviews and comparisons to those other manufacturers. 2 grand is big money to me.

* getting old, might have the days numbered, on my pension now, and I am betting the government will shut this down sooner or later anyway... <sigh>

I would go for the 6K. Wait until both are released. You will see that those who got the 8K, will end up replacing the camera for the 6K.

I’d go for the 6k because it has variable aperture. Apart from anything else, makes use of filters a lot easier.

Reactions: RaptureReady
I would have ordered the 6K, but I am impatient so I ordered the 8K. I will be ordering the 6K camera when that becomes a single purchase item.

Interesting question. I currently have an 8k on order right now. For the price, I'm good with this. I'm not looking to make crazy high def pics or movies but I like the frame of the drone. The pro was just not worth the added cost. I think I'd stay with what I have in order, no matter which came out first.
Excellent Reply. Thanks

I would have ordered the 6K, but I am impatient so I ordered the 8K. I will be ordering the 6K camera when that becomes a single purchase item.
I thought this reply was going to come along.. I believe many may think of doing the same thing. Buy the 8k and later on down the line buy the 6k camera and do the swap. But I have a feeling if that's going to happen many will just keep the 6k aboard and they will sell off the 8k camera eventually .

I originally, like most of you, were going to wait for the 6k. But seeing the footage coming out of the 8k...makes me wonder...
Will the 6k be better? Have to wait until we see the footage. Specs are better for the 6k camera of course, but do you need 6k in reality, or the 1 inch sensor? If you are a pro, yes....but other wise...not sure if you are just a drone pilot who likes to film and fly drones.
Is the 1" sensor better? Oh yes it is. But at the end of the day, does it matter, and is it worth the extra $$?
I have the Evo I, and compare the footage against the P4P 2.0 that I have, 4k/60. Is the P4p footage better? Yes, but only slightly. I don't shoot in low light.
I will wait anyway, to see the 6k footage, then decide. I can wait it out. Or maybe not. LOL...the footage coming out of the 8k is stunning, IMHO! WIN!

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I thought this reply was going to come along.. I believe many may think of doing the same thing. Buy the 8k and later on down the line buy the 6k camera and do the swap. But I have a feeling if that's going to happen many will just keep the 6k aboard and they will sell off the 8k camera eventually .
That is true.
I'm sure there will be times I'll want to take advantage of all that the 1" sensor offers which is why I plan on picking one up. However, for the day to day flights and tracking/follow me (which is one of the main reasons for my purchase) the 8K will be more than sufficient.

Limited budget for me. I only want the 6K one inch sensor. I see no reason to pay extra just to get the EVO II in my hands early. I'm waiting till the fall anyways. Need to see where this virus buts us and where the economy is in the fall. No sense buying something I cannot use for two years being locked up in our homes.

Waiting to see more on the Dual - 8K & Thermal 640, and next would be to consider the 6K camera for a swap. Got plenty of time, and curious on new DJI models on the slate.

Optimistic, economies get off to a good start to recover in short term, get a grasp in realities and FAA rules don’t hammer the small sUAV businesses... too many things to accomplish in retirement ahead.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I saw a report todat that said the 6k camera is going to be like 650.00. Better to by the 6k evo ii i guess

I had the 8k on order but I think I am going to cancel for now and wait and see, can the average joe even use, edit, publish 8k on your average laptop ? And I heard the photos are huge so average comp even struggles with them. I assume you can dumb the 8k down but then why get it if you cant even work with the 8k

I think I will hold off and see some comparison footages

Until there are numerous 8k TVs and displays out there, I think its likely that most authors will stick to 4k or less .... And using proxy media to do the editing will take the sting out of that 8k processing for those who want to do it... My opinion is that chances are most people will just continue to shoot 4k anyway. So either model would suit in that respect, other than the actual optics... However, disk space will be consumed a lot faster by those 8k files... Looking at 4k I don't really know if we need to go beyond that ... computer hardware will need to catch up as said previously. I'm just ruminating on all this... and waiting.

The reason I ask this is because some people had to have it now so the 8k came out first so they bought the 8k. The 2nd part is this! If the 6k and 8k came out at the same exact time with one would you opt
If I even had the money I would get the 6K no matter what. Sensor size is incredibly important for my workflow, and 1 inch sensors are a big step up from a half inch sensor such as the one in the Evo 2 8K.

I ordered the pro for the 1" sensor. I use a pair of Mavic 2 pros now with a similar sensor but want an aircraft that will fly reliably without the need to get permission from DJI servers to fly comericial operations near airports. I have too many jobs fail because DJI servers failed to give clearance for flight. I'd rather wait for the higher quality. I have little need for cell phone sized sensors.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan