Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just curious, if the EVO 2 6k came out first would you have waited for the 8k to come out.

Well after mavic 2 pro with the 1 inch sensor I never would have gone for the imx 586 , 8k version . Iso performance ftw ? Btw I am expecting a handheld gimbal from autel , some of my friends even asked if they had one

Reactions: advexure
The one to get is the "6k" with 1 inch-type sensor. It is BY FAR the better imaging system. The "8k" IMX586 image sensor is NOT a "true" 48mp sensor. Because it's a quad Bayer sensor, it actually has a color filter that is only 12mp. So, you have 48 million photosites that sit under only 12 million color filters. It is "legally" a 48mp sensor. BARELY, yes....but piratically speaking, you can't pass a 48mp quality image through an optical Bayer filter that is only 12mp. So,...this sensor produces and "up-scaled" 48mp image from really 12mp. That quad Bayer design is not there to aid in resolution, it's there to aid in dynamic range. It uses a dual exposure timing algorithm.

Anyway,...the "6k" sensor has a traditional square pixel structure and produces better 5.5k quality video at full sensor width.

CT

Reactions: advexure
The one to get is the "6k" with 1 inch-type sensor. It is BY FAR the better imaging system. The "8k" IMX586 image sensor is NOT a "true" 48mp sensor. Because it's a quad Bayer sensor, it actually has a color filter that is only 12mp. So, you have 48 million photosites that sit under only 12 million color filters. It is "legally" a 48mp sensor. BARELY, yes....but piratically speaking, you can't pass a 48mp quality image through an optical Bayer filter that is only 12mp. So,...this sensor produces and "up-scaled" 48mp image from really 12mp. That quad Bayer design is not there to aid in resolution, it's there to aid in dynamic range. It uses a dual exposure timing algorithm.

Anyway,...the "6k" sensor has a traditional square pixel structure and produces better 5.5k quality video at full sensor width.

CT

Well said @Cliff Totten. The 8K has been perfectly suitable for many and I do think that as folks get additional imaging experience, they will begin to look at upgrading to the 6K camera. That being said, we've seen the ratio overall to be about 65/35 in favor of the Pro. I think better availability of the 8K has push more folks into that system that in a perfect world would have gone for the Pro if it was available sooner than this week.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jovime3