Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just an observation

John Ford

Reaction score
I have been looking in over at the Mavic Pilots forum, and I have read a couple of threads about problems people are having with Android devices. I ran across one post that put the blame on Android and Google because of all of the different manufactures and all of the differences between devices. This person claimed that because IOS was more stable that this is the reason that DJI's app works so much better there. I question this because of Autel Robotics. I have not seen the kinds of complaints posted here about the Starlink app. If Autel can make a stable app for both Android and IOS, I wonder why DJI cannot.

Apple is the main reason that I didn't even consider a DJI product. I am strictly an Android user, and I am too stubborn to change. So far, I haven't had any problems using any of my Android devices on the starlink app.

Reactions: cunch
If Autel would produce their own version of the Mavic, I would buy it immediately. Even if it had the same features as the X-Star premium and left out all of the capabilities of the Mavic, such as gesture control, and obstacle avoidance, the reliability and the customer service would be worth it. I bet they could even figure out a way to have a removable gimble and camera assembly.

The only problem I'm having with my android device is the random shutting down. It blows when I'm cruising and video link is lost because my tablet decides it wants to reboot.

I've noticed the same thing. I had a DJI Phantom 3 last year but got rid of it after cracks in the motor mount area. I've been recently thinking about getting another but the DJI Go issues with Android devices have me looking at Autel instead.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja