Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is there a way to get the drone to rotate at a uniform rate?

CanUsaDroneFlyer

Reaction score
I often like to get the Autel 2 Pro to spin around 360 degrees to capture the scene around it. I do this by moving the left joystick to the right (or left) and try to hold it precisely in place so that the rotation rate is uniform. Is there a way through the software to get it to do this automatically?

I often like to get the Autel 2 Pro to spin around 360 degrees to capture the scene around it. I do this by moving the left joystick to the right (or left) and try to hold it precisely in place so that the rotation rate is uniform. Is there a way through the software to get it to do this automatically?
Canusadroneflyer,
It can be put in Precision Mode and you set the speeds and that is the absolute max it will rotate. And I think that it is also in dual stability mode. I am using precision mode with time lapse for roof and building Inspections, it is fantastic. Johnno Hennessy.

John, I love Precision Mode as well. It's very smooth. But I'm not sure where one can make the setting adjustments you are referring to. Are these settings adjustments specific to Precision Mode?

Reactions: John Hennessy
Andrew, I tried out Precision Mode on Saturday. When you switch to it, near the bottom of your phone screen you'll see the Horizontal, Vertical, and Rotation Speed shown. You can adjust the limits there.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Ok, great, thanks. I'll have to check that out. To get precise compositions, Precision Mode is great. It's a tad slow in the default position, but I think it's much better than standard manual mode for delicate adjustments. The latter feels like you're driving a metro bus.

Ok, great, thanks. I'll have to check that out. To get precise compositions, Precision Mode is great. It's a tad slow in the default position, but I think it's much better than standard manual mode for delicate adjustments. The latter feels like you're driving a metro bus.
Andrews,
You can adjust the speeds just after you select precision mode.

For panning without judder I use the RED camera pan calculator as a guide. I select a camera at 4k or 6k and the focal length of the PRO 2 lens is 29mm and the result is good pans. The times seem a bit long but check the results. It doesn't seem to matter which model of camera you use. Panning Speed

Reactions: Ender

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain