Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Invalid command

jstacy

Reaction score
this last weekend I was doing some footage for a friend and I ran into an issue. The quick and dirty is after powering up the drone I would hit the takeoff / land button on the controller and it would say invalid command I power cycle the drone and get the same error only after power cycling a few times will it actually not throw the error and takeoff. has anyone seen this issue before and if so what did you do to resolve it?

It could have been a hiccup in the software. Sometimes it happens. What I suggest is you engaging the motors manually and taking off on your own.

Reactions: macoman
I've never used that button. I start the props up, bring it up about 6 feet and let it hover for a few seconds and if it looks stable off I go.

It could have been a hiccup in the software. Sometimes it happens. What I suggest is you engaging the motors manually and taking off on your own.
This∆... I never use any automatic feature on the controller... Everytime is taking off and descending manually.

Reactions: bswim
this last weekend I was doing some footage for a friend and I ran into an issue. The quick and dirty is after powering up the drone I would hit the takeoff / land button on the controller and it would say invalid command I power cycle the drone and get the same error only after power cycling a few times will it actually not throw the error and takeoff. has anyone seen this issue before and if so what did you do to resolve it?

Mine did that exact same thing on my very first flight. I had to google how to launch it and I have always crossed the sticks at the bottom from then on. When the sticks are crossed, the motors start then you can actually launch with the left stick.

Reactions: Evo77
Mine did that exact same thing on my very first flight. I had to google how to launch it and I have always crossed the sticks at the bottom from then on. When the sticks are crossed, the motors start then you can actually launch with the left stick.
I have been flying the EVO for about a year now and I have always used the takeoff and land button... I have done it manually as well but usually use the button... however I am wondering if I have something going on because the same day this started happening my gimbal went all weird on me and I was forced to land and reboot to fix the problem.

I have been flying the EVO for about a year now and I have always used the takeoff and land button... I have done it manually as well but usually use the button... however I am wondering if I have something going on because the same day this started happening my gimbal went all weird on me and I was forced to land and reboot to fix the problem.

It's these circumstances like you described that can be so stressful. I haven't had any problems like you described but I feel your concern.

just for fun, have you checked your battery health? start your motors turn to the battery page on your app and monitor the behavior as you push the throttle up. see if the cells are close enough to one another to not be considered off balance. Wan my batteries started getting funky on my Inspire a lot of things started rearing their ugly head, tons of error messages and the like, but the least of the issues I reflected were battery related. Just saying. First time I did the battery check upon throttle up it was scary how low the voltages got.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials