Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Intro from Central VA - EVO 2 Pro 6K

codearachnid

Reaction score
Hello friends, I am a new to this community but have been working with drones for about 10 years and aerial photography for almost 20 years. My first real "job" was working with a pro photographer as his assistant in small aircraft as we flew 1800' running mapping missions for municipalities and large corporation/city planning clients. I took a break from it all a few years ago until recently when I started prepping for my 107 license to get back into it.

Just purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6k for my wife for mother's day and am loving the experience so far. I have to keep reminding myself this is for her 8). I appreciate this community and the value of the experience everyone is actively bringing to keep the sport alive and push the industry forward.

Hello friends, I am a new to this community but have been working with drones for about 10 years and aerial photography for almost 20 years. My first real "job" was working with a pro photographer as his assistant in small aircraft as we flew 1800' running mapping missions for municipalities and large corporation/city planning clients. I took a break from it all a few years ago until recently when I started prepping for my 107 license to get back into it.

Just purchased an Evo 2 Pro 6k for my wife for mother's day and am loving the experience so far. I have to keep reminding myself this is for her 8). I appreciate this community and the value of the experience everyone is actively bringing to keep the sport alive and push the industry forward.
Welcome. Perhaps you should buy your wife an Air 2S and use the Evo II Pro to be considerate of the load she needs to carry? You'd also be able to fly together. ?

Enjoy. Sounds like this is the perfect place for you.

Reactions: codearachnid
Perhaps you should buy your wife an Air 2S and use the Evo II Pro to be considerate of the load she needs to carry? You'd also be able to fly together. ?
I like the way you think! In my free time I also have a full on metal/woodworking shop so there are no shortage of "opportunities for bonding" tools in the shop :)

I like the way you think! In my free time I also have a full on metal/woodworking shop so there are no shortage of "opportunities for bonding" tools in the shop :)
We must have distractions. I run a technical engineering team (Developers, QA, DevOps) and flying ensures my brain turns away from what's complex with a lot of integration points to just the pleasure of flying. I like working with my hands too (my Dad's influence - he was a machinist so in line with your metal shop); I have tools to do nearly anything - saved a ton of $ over the years.

Enjoy. We only get to do this once, so do it right.

flying ensures my brain turns away from what's complex with a lot of integration points to just the pleasure of flying
? I was a field Engineer for 32 years. When the day was done, I jumped in the jeep and went rockclimbing!! now that i'm retired, I fly; Just the RC, no fancy software to fly for me. Although if the new smart controller gets good reviews, I might upgrade ?

Welcome to the forum, you...ahem I mean your wife now owns one of the best consumer drones on the market today. As your wife flies the drone, this thread may help her discover the great, good, and not so good features and capabilities of the EVO II 6K.

? I was a field Engineer for 32 years. When the day was done, I jumped in the jeep and went rockclimbing!! now that i'm retired, I fly; Just the RC, no fancy software to fly for me. Although if the new smart controller gets good reviews, I might upgrade ?
I'm following close behind. Retirement home under construction in Arizona. I've built software since '79 (you likely used it - the team I led built AOL's entertainment channels and apps from 99 to 05 and I'm still boiling oceans).

I have the DJI smart controller and love it. Autel's seems better on paper; bigger, brighter screen, comparable range, but more expensive. I'll wait until reviews are in as well.

Reactions: UasDriver

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d