Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Info for AR MaxEn Battery Rebuilds

Wildseyed

Reaction score
Here is some useful information for those that might be interested in rebuilding their batteries. At this point, I don't know if the "intelligent" controller will recognize that cell capacity has increased, and return 100% values, so keep that in mind.

For now, all that I have is this:
Cell Capacity = 1225mAh
Cell Length = 88mm
Cell Width = 48mm
Cell Height = 8.5mm

Now all I need is a supplier.

Here are sources for Lithium Polymer batteries:
Lithium Polymer Batteries manufacturers, China Lithium Polymer Batteries suppliers - Global Sources

Lithium Polymer Battery Manufacturers, Suppliers & Exporters

lithium Polymer (Li-Po) | YOK energy

Note that you create your desired voltage, and capacity (AH) by connecting cells in both series and parallel. If you don't know exactly what you are doing and if you don't have a very thorough understanding of Ohms Law, this is not a task for you. There is a very good reason that these batteries are expensive. Also, if the battery you make isn't identical to the characteristics of an OEM battery, then the battery will not work properly during either charge, or discharge cycles.

Here are sources for Lithium Polymer batteries:
Lithium Polymer Batteries manufacturers, China Lithium Polymer Batteries suppliers - Global Sources

Lithium Polymer Battery Manufacturers, Suppliers & Exporters

lithium Polymer (Li-Po) | YOK energy

Note that you create your desired voltage, and capacity (AH) by connecting cells in both series and parallel. If you don't know exactly what you are doing and if you don't have a very thorough understanding of Ohms Law, this is not a task for you. There is a very good reason that these batteries are expensive. Also, if the battery you make isn't identical to the characteristics of an OEM battery, then the battery will not work properly during either charge, or discharge cycles.

Why are you posting links to batteries that are not even close to what we use in our X-Sars. All you need to rebuild our batteries are new lipo cells. The information is suppied above on the size. As stated you need a supplier for new cells not whole batteries as they will not cut it. One company I emailed said they can rebuild them if they new the right size of the cells so they could order them from their supplier in China. It's not a matter of finding a battery thats close and using the internals from that to replace with ours. There is more to it then that.

You said the same thing I said :) .... That, in order to rebuild a battery, one must use cells that have similar characteristics to the cells that are being replaced - and, that one must know what they are doing (as the company's you contacted do), as the batteries are rebuilt.

Hm. I understood both.

The links are to suppliers. Among those there should be some OEMs. If they can match dimensions and other characteristics, then anyone with skill can replace the cells. I don't think slightly smaller cells will have an adverse effect. People fly drones with various battery capacities all the time. The big question would be what does the battery controller think. For a 3D printed battery replacement, I would need to make the cavity a bit smaller so the walls are thick enough to provide good protection.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert