Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Impressive horizon leveling (video)

SteveNunez

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was out recording with the EVO today and put a level line on the 4K footage using Final Cut Pro X and I was amazed at just how well the EVO now levels the horizon just using the auto gimbal feature (just used it once).....it now holds a level horizon even during panning (yaw)- I'm super impressed.
I edited a quick clip to show how good this is straight out of the camera- no editing tricks.
(I put a glowing line just under the video horizon to show how well the captured horizon line is when compared to a perfectly level line.)
( I also used the circle feature the EVO has and was pleasantly surprised as it's almost identical to my Mavic's performance (Mavic is definitely smoother) yet I've read people complain about the POI being very wobbly (it is a bit) ....I bet an update will improve this to near perfection! )

Last edited:
You did the auto gimbal calibration prior to this flight on the ground? Or are people doing the calibration in the air?

As DadCorso said, on a level surface just prior to flying.
In my case I’ve done it once and have not done it again and it’s working well.

Hmm, I don't have a level surface anywhere on my property.

I think you can do the gimbal calibration anywhere as long as it's level, I did mine on my dining room table without any issues.

agreed,finally a drone without all the headaches
i was waiting for the mavic 2 but with all the positives with the Evo im gearing towards the Evo 2
its looking like DJI has some serious competition.
From all the leaks specially the latest one, it looks like the Mavic Pro will be super impressive, specially considering the allegedHasselblad camera, but it also seems it will be very expensive and knowing how Hasselblad cameras are priced it most likely will be way expensive. Impressive comes at a cost. I think the EVO in it's price point right now is a good value, but more so because of the lack of restrictions and issues of firmware updates that cause fear and uncertainty due to lack of R&D.

OK, thanks.
I thought it did a gimble calibration every time it powered up.

From all the leaks specially the latest one, it looks like the Mavic Pro will be super impressive, specially considering the allegedHasselblad camera, but it also seems it will be very expensive and knowing how Hasselblad cameras are priced it most likely will be way expensive. Impressive comes at a cost. I think the EVO in it's price point right now is a good value, but more so because of the lack of restrictions and issues of firmware updates that cause fear and uncertainty due to lack of R&D.
2 more days and i'll see
WOOHOO

It won't have a Hasselblad. At best it'll have some decent optics that have been re-branded by Hasselblad. A Hasselblad camera starts at $9k for the body...
That would put the Mavic 2 at a $10k+ drone...

Reactions: WayneH
It won't have a Hasselblad. At best it'll have some decent optics that have been re-branded by Hasselblad. A Hasselblad camera starts at $9k for the body...
That would put the Mavic 2 at a $10k+ drone...
Well, let's be real, IF it is a Hasselblad developed camera it is not going to have a full frame medium format sensor nor will it be $9,000, hmmm being DJI/Hasselblad it might be more LOL

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP51