Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Impressions after first couple of flights...

Reaction score
So far, I have mixed feelings about the XSP. I absolutely love the remote. Simple design with telemetry data and camera controls built in. It feels good in my hands.

Flying seems to require a softer touch than my Phantom 3 Standard, which is taking my a while to develop. This isn't too big of a deal though, I think I'll get better the more I fly it.

The things I really don't like are these:
1. No metadata seems to be saved when shooting pics in RAW. I use AEB a lot to shoot HDRs, and Lightroom can't merge the images due to the lack of metadata.
2. The Starlink App isn't the best thing. I really wish I could se my flight log right away, in the app.

I really want to love the XSP. Having the ability to change/upgrade the camera is great. I'm just not sure I like flying it as much as my Phantom.

Thoughts? Opinions? Other's experiences?

Thanks!

Reactions: RJ_Make
So far, I have mixed feelings about the XSP. I absolutely love the remote. Simple design with telemetry data and camera controls built in. It feels good in my hands.

Flying seems to require a softer touch than my Phantom 3 Standard, which is taking my a while to develop. This isn't too big of a deal though, I think I'll get better the more I fly it.

1. No metadata seems to be saved when shooting pics in RAW. I use AEB a lot to shoot HDRs, and Lightroom can't merge the images due to the lack of metadata.
2. The Starlink App isn't the best thing. I really wish I could se my flight log right away, in the app.

I really want to love the XSP. Having the ability to change/upgrade the camera is great. I'm just not sure I like flying it as much as my Phantom.

Thanks!
Ditto for me.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Thanks!
Since Autel is a fairly new company, they haven't really been able yet to polish everything regarding the app and actual data we're able to access from the X-Star. But according to their blog a software development kit (SDK) is now available to developers.Autel Robotics to Release Software Development Kit for X-Star Series Drones | Autel Robotics The kit enables a developer to:
  • Flight control and reporting
  • Camera control
  • Autonomous flight operations
  • Support systems (monitoring battery health, signal strength, video quality, etc.)
Being that it's a developer kit I'm sure someone will be able to enable metadata to be saved when shooting pictures. The app does need some work, but they're set to release new firmware in a couple of months, which would update the starlink app.
This firmware update will fix the yaw issue. In this video it's mentioned https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1704158236560904&id=1512828899027173&refsrc=https://m.facebook.com/autelrobotics/videos/1704158236560904/&_rdr
This firmware update won't make the yaw controls so aggressive. I think once that's addressed and the starlink app is tweaked a little more the xsp will be perfect. Honestly for the money it's a fantastic value, and has solid build quality.

Last edited:

Thanks!
With the beta app you can access your flight data

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: inkdrop

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy