Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Image counter on EP2

AndrewS

Reaction score
I just attempted to import some images from a recent series of flights from my EP2 to Lightroom. It wouldn't import them all because it thinks I have already imported a large percentage of them. It turns out the drone's counter "rolled-over" already and so there are file name duplicates. I bet I've taken fewer than 200 images since purchasing it so the counter is turning over at a ridiculously quick rate. Is there a way to set or reset the counter to prevent this? My preference would be a four-digit rollover (9999).

Wow, that IS ridiculous. Hopefully we'll see a firmware upgrade addressing it. The drone takes great stills but this feels so half-baked.

Does lightroom keep track of the device type and model on top of the counter assigned to the filenames? It's been years since I've used lightroom but I vaguely remember having issues with lightroom in general in that regard.

If LR does, I'm not aware of it. Until Autel fixes this bug with the counter, I'll have to devise some work-around. Perhaps the solution is just renaming all of the files after import to avoid duplication.

Maybe try what I do. This is never an issue for me, as I renamed all files upon import. I used a Date.Subject nomenclature. I use that for all photos including DLSR shots.

Reactions: AndrewS
Yes...we thought we were buying a Ferrari, but instead got sold a Fiero!

Well, the only workaround for now is to keep "dummy" file with the latest number after each shooting session.
So, once you start shooting again, drone will recognize "dummy" file and continue to count from that instead of "000".

I do hope they will fix that.
I have also raised this issue to Autel support.

Reactions: AndrewS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials