Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I need to know why they changed CAMERA/GIMBAL on the Evo?

How about we start taking pics and posting them. I'll post mine right away. Who has the one on the left? Post a pic....then tell us it's all a sticker.

LP

That's the one i have, I once had the other style. Is it the same exact internals? But different housing? Is it a totally different camera?

LOL now that I re-read the reply from Alejandro, I see your point. Just look at it this way. The camera should be the exact same camera, with the same sensor, same lens, etc. All that differs is the side plastic plate that hides the screws for the gimbal motor. I have the wavey one. I will post a photo later tonight. Others have the flat one. In all honesty, as long as the drone works beautifully, I don't really care.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
LOL now that I re-read the reply from Alejandro, I see your point. Just look at it this way. The camera should be the exact same camera, with the same sensor, same lens, etc. All that differs is the side plastic plate that hides the screws for the gimbal motor. I have the wavey one. I will post a photo later tonight. Others have the flat one. In all honesty, as long as the drone works beautifully, I don't really care.

I agree, but the conflicting responses from CS still bug me.

Was the change made because there were issues with one over the other?

Given that Autel denies that there ever was a change, I doubt you'll get an answer to that one! LOL

LP

I agree, but the conflicting responses from CS still bug me.

Given that Autel denies that there ever was a change, I doubt you'll get an answer to that one! LOL

LP
You have 4 CS reps. Alejandro, David, the girl (Don't remember her name), and Jonathan. Sometimes there is a Trevor or something like that. These are Level 1 Techs. Their responses are usually what they think the client will be satisfied with. They are evaluated by tickets closed and how quickly. In this case I find it hard, but for other situations, you will have to push hard to get a Senior tech to answer the question correctly.

I guess the other would be Sydney? They are all really nice and they try to be helpful...I just wish the'd be more willing to dig when we ask them to. Let's face it - while the drone industry may be going more mainstream, it's still dominated by us tech nerds, and I suspect a large percentage of us have technical backgrounds...which unfortunately for them means we're not going to be satisfied with normal 'consumer' level responses.

LP

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials