Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I have 2 Evo drones why does one feel like a different drone

Doltin420

Reaction score
One just handles better flies better it's faster it's more responsive no matter the settings I go through it just asked better all-around GPS signals better I don't have as many glitches with it it's ten times more responsive and it's the older one makes no sense and technically on the newer one there's nothing really wrong with it for me to send it in for a warranty but comparing the two it's just I wouldn't even think to purchase it if it was the first one I bought

Reactions: Nightbat2
One just handles better flies better it's faster it's more responsive no matter the settings I go through it just asked better all-around GPS signals better I don't have as many glitches with it it's ten times more responsive and it's the older one makes no sense and technically on the newer one there's nothing really wrong with it for me to send it in for a warranty but comparing the two it's just I wouldn't even think to purchase it if it was the first one I bought
Each drone (even if it's the same model) behaves a bit different. It all depends on the revision of it. They change things to reduce cost or to make it more streamline and ends up in the final product. I have 2 Phantom 4 Pros and they fly completely different as well. One is more precise with GPS than the other, so I use it mainly for mapping. The other one I used to use it for random flying and specific work that doesn'y require gps precision. Now it just sits at the office looking pretty. My Evo replaced it.

Lucky you! I could only afford one so I have nothing to compare.

That's why some people love whatever drone they have and some just hate the one they got. I guess manufacture of these toys is not very precise and consistency is not exactly precise. That said, other expensive products even professional equipment suffers from inconsistencies, When I was in the Audio industry, it wasn't uncommon to try various monitors, of the exact same model and manufacture until you found the one that sounded right, same is the case now with cameras and lenses. Not unusual for a pro to go through a few examples before finding the "right" one.

All of the drones I have are set up with mode 2 (?) so the stick controls are the same. That being said they all fly very differently. Even the two I have that are the same (Typhoon H's) fly differently. Each of them offers something different that I like more about the particular model/brand (except the Spark which has no benefits over the Air IMHO), so I choose which one I'm going to use depending on what I want to do.

Funny thing is even though I have a fave (the Evo) and I have logged tons of hours on each I still get jittery when flying some of them. I've had the app crash on the Evo and was able to calmly turn off and restart everything (while keeping an eye on the bird in the distance) and regain control where I would have really panicked with some of the other ones.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel