Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Howdy from Downunder!

Alex of Oz

Reaction score
Hey folks, I am not the owner of an Autel drone as yet, but am searching for my next drone, which needs more stability to be used over water in rather windy locations along our local beaches. I am considering the Evo 2 Pro as the potential candidate for its quality photo and video capture abilities and steady flight abilities under duress of strong winds.

Why not, finally ......... when when its software and firmware will be stabilized!
There is problem with the firmware and software of the Evo 2 Pro line? That's why I am here to find out these things before purchase.

On youtube you seem to have a few neutral reviews with good and reliable units, some fanboi's on either side of the DJI vs Autel warzone and some other people trying hard to get their fifteen seconds in the limelight! ;)

Hey folks, I am not the owner of an Autel drone as yet, but am searching for my next drone, which needs more stability to be used over water in rather windy locations along our local beaches. I am considering the Evo 2 Pro as the potential candidate for its quality photo and video capture abilities and steady flight abilities under duress of strong winds.
I’ve flown in 30mph sustained winds with 45mph gust, measured with instrument at 15’ aircraft at 50’ and the aircraft made it’s adjustments, picture and aircraft were rock steady. It’s weight and aerodynamics are proven in my mind. Great choice!! Happy flying!!

Reactions: Alex of Oz
Hi Alex nice to see you made it over here. :) The EVO II had a firmware update that affected some but not all. There is a way to roll back the firmware to the second last and it corrects the problem. People who have problems are waiting for Autel to release a update but most are satisfied with the EVO II.

You can read more about the rollback firmware here:

Last edited:
I’ve flown in 30mph sustained winds with 45mph gust, measured with instrument at 15’ aircraft at 50’ and the aircraft made it’s adjustments, picture and aircraft were rock steady. It’s weight and aerodynamics are proven in my mind. Great choice!! Happy flying!!
That is good to hear. I was considering a Yuneec H series drone, but it's just too big and unwieldy for me at this stage to consider, even if they are incredibly capable in strong winds and the image quality is not really a step up either.

My old Anafi has withstood 50 kph winds at times! She was on a precarious sideward angle, but she held her ground well, all things considered! I think her slender build gave her an advantage as compared to a Mavic Pro 2 with its bulk and mass. I'm very partial to the imagery she creates and want a step up with 10 bit video and better detail and colour of photo's. Hence the consideration of the Evo 2 Pro and the 1" sensor with adjustable aperture.

Reactions: Edward Newman
Hi Alex nice to see you made it over here. :) The EVO II had a firmware update that affected some but not all. There is a way to roll back the firmware to the second last and it corrects the problem. People who have problems are waiting for Autel to release a update but most are satisfied with the EVO II.

You can read more about the rollback firmware here:
Hey @Agustine I was hoping you'd be around these parts after seeing some of the beautiful footage you had shared of your Mk I Evo! I have to thank you for educating me about them as an option I was previously unaware of before seeing your footage.

The more I see footage and photo's from the Evo 2 Pro the more I am swaying towards it as my next bird.

That is good to hear. I was considering a Yuneec H series drone, but it's just too big and unwieldy for me at this stage to consider, even if they are incredibly capable in strong winds and the image quality is not really a step up either.

My old Anafi has withstood 50 kph winds at times! She was on a precarious sideward angle, but she held her ground well, all things considered! I think her slender build gave her an advantage as compared to a Mavic Pro 2 with its bulk and mass. I'm very partial to the imagery she creates and want a step up with 10 bit video and better detail and colour of photo's. Hence the consideration of the Evo 2 Pro and the 1" sensor with adjustable aperture.
The small to average size of the EVO 2 and it’s perfect weight allows it’s flight characteristics to handle the wind I fly in. I live by the Gulf Coast in the state of Louisiana. We recently had high wind events associated with hurricanes. The wind comes in gust from different angles. You will see trees blowing in a twist motion on one side of then the other side wind is moving in the opposite, tornatic like. So it was interesting to see how the EVO 2 handled the wind. I would not fly my Maverick Mini and did not.
The 1 inch censer is the only way to go in my opinion. I like to catch sunsets and fly at night. It’s the best setup for me and very detailed, not much post production for me. 6k walks all over the 8k 1/2 inch.
I thought the AUTEL EVO carrying case were to expensive, so I picked these two cases for 30.00 dollars s piece and created my own carrying case out of some of the packing that the EVO 2 Pro comes packaged in. Also like the LIFTHOR remote cradle, makes it easier to have a larger screen, the iPad mini 4. Also purchased the YUNEEC FPV HEADSET.
I feel like I have what I needed and wanted finally.
Now I’m searching for a program to map out roof tops and sell myself to insurance companies for inspection services.

Right now I’m learning all the advantages of the aircraft and it’s photography capabilities.

Hope this helps you with your decision. All of my statements are my opinion and my experience, I know there’s better drones out there for cinema photography but for the money this has seem to be the best experience. Happy Flying and have a great day Downunder! Ed

Attachments

• B7192934-845F-457A-BBA4-0D7045796554.jpeg
    B7192934-845F-457A-BBA4-0D7045796554.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Howdy, this is what I do. I live near the beach and take vids of surfing. happy to chat. lot of questions about this drone

Howdy, this is what I do. I live near the beach and take vids of surfing. happy to chat. lot of questions about this drone
Check out the SPRY DRONE great for filming surfing even the controller can be immersed in water also it’s salt water proof pretty impressive I’m buying one myself.

You will be so pleased with your purchase. The EVO 2 is my altimeter favorite. Going to use it for work, that’s how PRO it really is!! Happy Flying DownUnder!! Send footage my friend!!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d