Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How is this possible?

Autelguy

Reaction score
I don't get it?

I thought all drones have to angle the camera down to avoid props. That everyone lies about true flight times. That all drones have horizon tilt issues.

A foldable drone that gets true 33 min+ flight time, NO PROPS in shot, NO horizon tilt and 7.4 mile range, No NFZ, 4k all under $500.00

Fimi X8 SE

The same company (Fimi) who made the Xiaomi 4k drone. Yeah, considered one of the best drones by Dustin, Andy RC and Drone Camp.

Come on Autel, release that 1" and fix the bugs this time before you release it to the public. Be a potential customer just for a moment and pretend you want an arial video drone without props in the shot, that you don't want to be lied to about flight time. That you don't want to wait months for IOS compatibility or serious horizon tilt issues to be addressed. That you don't have to wait months to buy extra batteries, props or even a multi charger for your own product. To have rear sensors that actually work and stop the Evo to prevent a crash. To provide the 3d mapping you promised in your ads and packaging. To actually keep a subject in the center of the frame when performing an Orbit.

I know, I know, it seems like an amazing, mind blowing and an impossible concept to be honest and prepared, but we know you can do it.

Last edited:
I don't get it?

I thought all drones have to angle the camera down to avoid props. That everyone lies about true flight times. That all drones have horizon tilt issues.

A foldable drone that gets true 33 min+ flight time, NO PROPS in shot, NO horizon tilt and 7.4 mile range, No NFZ, 4k all under $500.00

Fimi X8 SE

The same company (Fimi) who made the Xiaomi 4k drone. Yeah, considered one of the best drones by Dustin, Andy RC and Drone Camp.

Come on Autel, release that 1" and fix the bugs this time before you release it to the public. Be a potential customer just for a moment and pretend you want an arial video drone without props in the shot, that you don't want to be lied to about flight time. That you don't want to wait months for IOS compatibility or serious horizon tilt issues to be addressed. That you don't have to wait months to buy extra batteries, props or even a multi charger for your own product. To have rear sensors that actually work and stop the Evo to prevent a crash. To provide the 3d mapping you promised in your ads and packaging. To actually keep a subject in the center of the frame when performing an Orbit.

I know, I know, it seems like an amazing, mind blowing and an impossible concept to be honest and prepared, but we know you can do it.

I have to give them props, 2nd drone they have made to my knowledge and with future firmware updates more things will come. DJI didn’t knock it out the park the first go around, they have had years to get their product improved and it will likely take Autel the same with the Evo. I do on average clock about 23-25 minute flight time with it, and the specs for the x8 say it can fly 33 minutes at 8ms flight speed. Max speed is 18ms, so I imagine flying it normal wouldn’t result in 33 minutes of flight. They say the drone can fly 7.4 miles, yet the controller on their site in the specs has a range of 5000 meters. Not sure if any company can actually give accurate readings, oh and the rear sensors do work on the Evo....put it in novice mode and they won’t let you crash into anything flying backwards. Says so under novice mode. Not gonna lie, for the price point of $499, be a damn good secondary drone. Let the Evo get more popular and more will come in time

Reactions: YuKay
…the rear sensors do work on the Evo....put it in novice mode and they won’t let you crash into anything flying backwards. Says so under novice mode.
Also in ATTI mode.

While I guess there's a danger of false security at high speeds, I think Autel could look at enabling rear OA in Precision Mode too.

That camera is really down. Perhaps you don't see the props because the field of view doesn't reach that high.

Edit: nvm, was looking at the Xiaomi, not Mifi

I don't get it?

Fimi X8 SE

Dustin has lots of prop in his video. That being said, it certainly seems like a nice bird for that price point.

The camera looks good, albeit no 60fps but I don't like the look of the gimbal. Yaw and tilt not very smooth. But looks a very good option for still images at this price.

I don't get it?

Fimi X8 SE

The Fimi comes with garbage Xiaomi support and the Mi drone had a LOT of problems when it first came out. The Evo is a lot better than that Fimi. It has Obstacle avoidance, 4K 60, better quality, good support, more features, and it is overall just a better drone.

The Fimi comes with garbage Xiaomi support and the Mi drone had a LOT of problems when it first came out. The Evo is a lot better than that Fimi. It has Obstacle avoidance, 4K 60, better quality, good support, more features, and it is overall just a better drone.
There is a reason why the fimi cost $499. Low 4k quality camera, no obstacle avoiding, customer support is from China which means, good luck.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
If you turn off the sensors, indicator lights, fly and hover indoors, you may get advertised fly times the manufacturers list.

If you turn off the sensors, indicator lights, fly and hover indoors, you may get advertised fly times the manufacturers list.

I remember reading somewhere that hover times are actually shorter than normal flying flight times. Didn't make sense to me, but for some reason hovering had a shorter flight time.

I remember reading somewhere that hover times are actually shorter than normal flying flight times. Didn't make sense to me, but for some reason hovering had a shorter flight time.
Remember that the motors are constantly changing voltage to keep the drone steady in the same place, while when you are flying forward, you get constant voltage to the motors. Kinda like MPG on your car. You get better range on highway than in the city.

The Steadidrone Flare did not have a problem with Blades in the shot. It also has 180 deg tilt so it can look straight up and straight down. Any square "X" Style quad drone where the arms are at 90 degs to each other will not have the clearance up front to hide the blades. Below is the Swept back "X" variant on the Steadidrone and some others where the camera is completely out of the blade path even looking straight up. (My profile picture is of a Steadidrone Flare in flight).
1548873934786.png

I believe the only time you get props in the shot on an Evo is when you're flying with the gimbal at 0 degrees and on a windy day flying forward full speed. I remember seeing the props on one of the first flights I made. Thunderstorm off in the distance, wind picks up to around 15 to 20 mph and I decide to land before I attract the first lightening bolt. Lol

On a calm day, even with the gimbal at 0 degrees you won't ever see the propellers.

Reactions: Ansia
I thought giving your videos "props" was supposed to be a good thing...? I'll never get the hang of this street talk I guess...

Reactions: Enlightenonq

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman