Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How’s the flight?

All of these motions can be smoothed out with settings and practice. A Mavic straight out of the box is also ridiculously responsive and jerky too. Once again, all smoothed out to preference once dialed in. Just as a Mavic has Cinema Mode and Tripod Mode, the Evo II has Dual Stability and Precision Mode which are similar. Precision Mode is great since you can directly adjust all the parameters like Tripod Mode on a Mavic. The EXP can be dialed down and the gimbal speed can be slowed for optimal results as well in the application. I own a M2P, Mavic Air and an Evo II. They all have their own caveats. With time and practice with any drone you can learn the feeling of each and perfect your movements. Happy flying!
I have the Mavic two and the Evo and I only shoot manually that is my only interest I like to do the multi motion cinematic stuff and I have just gone back to my Mavic two there is just no substitute for having smoothness sliders for the major motions

Reactions: parkgt
I have the Mavic two and the Evo and I only shoot manually that is my only interest I like to do the multi motion cinematic stuff and I have just gone back to my Mavic two there is just no substitute for having smoothness sliders for the major motions

This is even more important to those with less steady hands due to age or health conditions.

Was looking for an upgrade from the mini and was dead set on the Evo 2 Pro since I didn’t want to wait for the M3P.

But so far there seem to be 2 deal breakers for me...

No 10-bit log
Not so smooth flight characteristics

The whole thing seem to me to be a small company trying to go to market in a big way too quickly which led to cutting corners in areas that are not so obvious, like the two deal breakers I mentioned.

Since they use Ambarella and Sony chips and sensors I can only assume they use a lot of outsourced components.

It usually isn’t a problem since GoPro used Ambarella chips before they developed their own and Nikon uses Sony sensors in their high end FF cameras that compete with Sony’s own cameras. However, it seems like Autel has slapped different high end components together without making them into a seamless and refined product and marketing it as a high end top of the line product.

Looks like I’ll be waiting for the M3P and here’s hoping Autel can improve things from here with firmware updates.

Was looking for an upgrade from the mini and was dead set on the Evo 2 Pro since I didn’t want to wait for the M3P.

But so far there seem to be 2 deal breakers for me...

No 10-bit log
Not so smooth flight characteristics

The whole thing seem to me to be a small company trying to go to market in a big way too quickly which led to cutting corners in areas that are not so obvious, like the two deal breakers I mentioned.

Since they use Ambarella and Sony chips and sensors I can only assume they use a lot of outsourced components.

It usually isn’t a problem since GoPro used Ambarella chips before they developed their own and Nikon uses Sony sensors in their high end FF cameras that compete with Sony’s own cameras. However, it seems like Autel has slapped different high end components together without making them into a seamless and refined product and marketing it as a high end top of the line product.

Looks like I’ll be waiting for the M3P and here’s hoping Autel can improve things from here with firmware updates.
they just don’t have the all the research and development behind it that Dji has like everyone has said the evo does have some advantages over the Mavic two but without a refine flight control I’m afraid it’s a no go for me I will still hang onto it because I love the straight off the card color profiles and no Geo fencing aspect of it because I live in an area with lots of TFR‘s

Height of joysticks carried from 1.8 cm to 3.5 cm.
Will allow larger and surely softer movements.
3.5 cm is what I have on the Inspire radio and I find the movements more flexible.
We will see what it gives on this radio.
20200518_204730.jpg

Reactions: House Forasken
I tend to think that smooth yaw movements are more to do with Autel and DJI's "data buffering" then stick length. Early Phantom's were terrible. The original Mavic was not great. The Inspire 1 was not great. The Phantom Pro-II still had yaw shift issues against it's compass data.. The Air 1, Air 2 and Mavic-2 have mostly solved this.....and they didn't have to controller change sticks to do it.

All our movements are "fly by wire" and compared "against" the IMU and all the sensors. They take the very "hard" sensor data and they buffer it. They "soften" those numbers by averaging them out. They also take our stick input and "soften" and buffer that data too. They then "join" the data all together to make the drone fly it's best and smoothest.

The art of the programming comes from how they learn to "soften" or "smooth" and buffer that data all together.

Autel has got to get this right as DJI is now doing a GREAT job at this. They more they are able to "average" the live data sets, the smoother they can get

CT

Reactions: parkgt
It would be nice if Autel added more control settings on all movements both for the drone and camera. Longer stick will not make up for the lack of ramping in and out of movements. This is easily seen in the abrupt stops of even slow movements. Other drones are able to glide to a stop when letting off the sticks.

Is there ramping for camera tilt? I switched from a Phantom 4 to an Anafi and the abrupt camera tilting kills my shots.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen