Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Horizon is tilted

davshev

Reaction score
My horizon continues to occasionally tilt. I've updated to all the latest firmware and done both a gimbal and IMU calibration several times, but it's still sometimes off kilter.

herein2021

Reaction score
My horizon continues to occasionally tilt. I've updated to all the latest firmware and done both a gimbal and IMU calibration several times, but it's still sometimes off kilter.

Completely normal, every drone I have ever flown does that including all of the DJI drones. You just need to straighten it in post; very easy if its an image; if its video you just need to keyframe the corrections add a slight zoom to fill the frame and you are good to go.

Sometimes a gimbal calibration right before taking off helps, but I don't even bother doing that anymore...just wastes battery life while you wait for the calibration to complete. If you stick to shooting very precise short video clips which is how I typically shoot video; each clip is so short I don't even need to keyframe the correction since the portion of the clip that I will use is not long enough for the tilt percentage to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: tvwxman

gschulzuio

Reaction score
Have noticed a few times the horizon with the gimbal is not what it should be while still on the ground, or just after takeoff (and nearby). I also have grids enabled in my app display so its very easy to spot issues quick before takeoff. A quick solution that has worked without having to do a gimbal recalibrate is simply land (if in the air) and power off, then power back on, gimbal is as it should be, all is good.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carbon08