Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Home point issue

Never take off with less than 10 satellites locked on.

You are correct. However, if it has not been used for some time or in the case when it is new out of the box, you can have 10 satellites locked but the tables are not up to date. Rule I have always followed is to wait 12 to 15 minutes after power on before first flight of the day. I use this time to get things ready and do pre-check etc Don't know why this is not more common knowledge..

Reactions: Ansia
You are correct. However, if it has not been used for some time or in the case when it is new out of the box, you can have 10 satellites locked but the tables are not up to date. Rule I have always followed is to wait 12 to 15 minutes after power on before first flight of the day. I use this time to get things ready and do pre-check etc Don't know why this is not more common knowledge..
My EVO will take 2 weeks to get here, and I will keep this in mind, but my Phantom I never had to go through this process.

Every GPS has to download the Almanac. It expires after a certain amount of time, so if you use your drone frequently you will not experience this and won't need to wait long for it to download, since it will just be updating. Always let your drone sit with unobstructed view of the sky before you fly. I think the newer GPS modules like in the EVO and DJI drones are pretty quick as far as data rates go.

Reactions: Ansia and macoman
I read some where to let it hover for a few seconds before flying. I developed a habit to do this and have not had this problem. You might try that.
I did that the other day and it still couldn't find it when I hit return to home. It wandered around and tried to land on a roof. Weird... and then flying it I crashed a few minutes later. Didn't know the rear sensors are only engaged when in active tracking mode.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg