Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hi, Newby here with a few questions

Coffee999

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to drones with the XSP being my first. Had it out a number of time and taking it slow. Sure is a lot of fun.

So a few questions.

1.If I were to ever get a second bird, and I use my current remote to control that one as well.

2. I tried the carefree mode a few days ago, but it never engaged. Isn't just flipping to IOC all there is to it or am I missing something else? Can you do that on the fly?

3. Is the XSP balanced fully or is it battery end heavy? The reason I ask is because in a moderate wind, I seem to always roll the bird over on landing. But was think that landing battery into the wind might make a difference. I was landing on grass so that might be a factor.

4. Is there a good cheap remote sim for windows 10 that has drone flying that might help me progress?

5. I know one day I will crash, and I hope I don't break my drone, but in the event I do, I won't be able to afford another, but repairing might be an answer. Is there a good video instruction that teaches how to change the shell out?

Well that's enough for now. I look forward to joining in. Thanks for the help. :)

Reactions: Old Bama Dude
1. Yes you can bind the remote to a new bird
2. You also need to go into the app and turn ATTI on or just flicking the switch does nothing.
3. X-Star is pretty much balanced but landing takes practice. Face the nose into the wind when landing, some find that helps.
4. Not sure
5. Yes there is one on youtube. I would have to look for it but it is there.
6. Welcome to the forum, hope you have many happy flights

Reactions: Old Bama Dude
You can just flip to IOC, but not ATTI unless you have it turned on in the app as Augustine shows above. I rather like the IOC mode. Oh, and stay away from trees, they are drone eaters. (unless you have a bucket truck guy, and a tree climber guy on speed dial like I do)

Thanks for all the reply's, they helped. One thing I just noticed in the manual is that it says IOC mode can only be activated when the aircraft is at least 10 meters away from you. I'm sure I was much closer than that when I tried to engage it.

Yes that is correct. I did not realize you where talking about the IOC and thought it was ATTI.
When I got my X-Star I thought something was wrong with it as it would not go into IOC when i was close. Took me a few flights to figure that out.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials