Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Here comes the hurricane

Goober

Reaction score
Quick sunrise 360º on 9.13.2018 with the first high cirrus bands reaching me. This huge storm was still about 24 hours from NC coast. I am about 250 straight line miles from Cape Lookout and 200 miles from Wilmington, NC. Somewhere between is probable landfall. Storm was over 300 miles from me!

Florence sunrise

My location is roughly near the little yellow 'X'

florence sunrise.jpg

Good luck.
I can't even imagine that kind of a storm. We have been in a drought seems like forever.If we get a 5 minute rain shower were out dancing in the streets.

Good luck. I can't even imagine that kind of a storm.

Thanks. Here at my house the current track has us in the 6"+ range for rain with winds staying below 50 mph. Brother and his family are much closer to the coast and they are looking at 15" - 20" rain, winds approaching 75 mph and loss of power for weeks! Trees can't handle that wind/rain combo.

Good friend has (had?) a beautiful house right on the water near Cape Lookout. Winds hit over 105 mph there overnight and storm surge over 6 feet. Doubt it is still standing. He did evacuate inland - I just hope far enough.

If we get a 5 minute rain shower were out dancing in the streets..

I'm checking the UT forecast and seeing how dry it is and all the fire danger alerts. Going from one extreme to the other! Maybe I can drag some of this along with me when I head west... :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain