Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Upstate NY

crusho

Reaction score
Website
chisrusho.com
Hey y'all — just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm located in Syracuse, and purchased my first drone (well, second if you count a badly malfunctioning "Dji" Tello as a drone) — an Evo II Pro 6K — about a six weeks ago from Empire Drones just up the street in Fulton (Sean and John are great guys, BTW). Took me 29 days to take the cellophane off the box, as I was reading about cracked shells and failing rotors and the joy of the 2.5 FW package as I was driving (not literally) home with it. Decided to just go for it, and the learning and training has begun. After seeing how much prop damage can happen from just a half-second of spin-down in grass, a lot of this vibrational theory explaining many of the above issues makes sense to me.

In any event, I'm taking it slow and steady — I have a rural 2-acre parental backyard to use as a training ground — I'm just gonna enjoy the process and what happens, happens. I *am* running the 2.3.3 FW set — using the many optimal settings tweaks that abound — I check everything over like a maniac before every launch; I'm replacing any prop with even the tiniest of nicks, and, well... rock and roll, man.

Chris

Hello and welcome to the forums!!

How can you speak so ill about the Ryze Tello? I used to have one of those and it was a great little drone!!

Reactions: crusho
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Also please ***READ BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP***

Hello and welcome to the forums!!

How can you speak so ill about the Ryze Tello? I used to have one of those and it was a great little drone!!

I got it through Amazon's "refurbished" program, and there was something fatally wrong with it — I couldn't get it to do anything but hover until the battery died :|

I got it through Amazon's "refurbished" program, and there was something fatally wrong with it — I couldn't get it to do anything but hover until the battery died :|
Did you try the aTelloPilot or Volatello's app?

No... I didn't even know alternative controller software existed. I just returned the Tello. This was about eight months ago — it was bought on whim in the midst of the COVID lockdown; I was desperate for something to "play with". My actual knowledge of the drone world in any real sense was zero. But that experience was enough to make me realize there was an entire universe I knew nothing about and could spend hours researching and learning about — before I spent another dime. Which is exactly what I did ;)

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials