Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

HDR settings to export What?

Admund

Reaction score
Hi What i am doing wrong?
I got file from evo 2 pro recorded in 4k 30 fps/LOG with HDR.
I am editing it in Adobe premiere pro with HDR option on HDR monitor.
FB_IMG_1606844565033.jpg
I am exporting the file with main10, rec2020, with hdr in adobe encoder. I chose profile rec also to mp4.
The movie is washed out... On monitor, no dynamic colours :(
I am uploading it to YouTube and on TV 4k with HDR also the colours are poor...

What i am doing wrong?

Here is the link to YouTube to watch on TV.

Here with standard exporting to 4k, without HDR.

I can't advise you about your HDR problem. But, I think it is best to assume that YouTube users are NOT watching on an HDR monitor. For this reason, I do not publish in HDR. LOG recordings work well for me with Style set to -2,+3,+3. Then color correct and publish for YT in standard MP4.
I'm curious, however, to hear if you solve your HDR problem. Is there a noticeable advantage when viewed on your HDR monitor?

I can't advise you about your HDR problem. But, I think it is best to assume that YouTube users are NOT watching on an HDR monitor. For this reason, I do not publish in HDR. LOG recordings work well for me with Style set to -2,+3,+3. Then color correct and publish for YT in standard MP4.
I'm curious, however, to hear if you solve your HDR problem. Is there a noticeable advantage when viewed on your HDR monitor?
Watch this in HDR, on TV for example.

Maybe, but i have HDR screens and i want to watch HDR.

In description of this video that is Rec709 you have the link to HDR version of it.
Does YouTube show you the video for that HDR version with a HDR mark where the resolution is?
If Yes, you have all ready for HDR but you make the import and export of your movie wrong. If does not show you HDR icon, you are unable to see HDR, need to check your settings.

Hi What i am doing wrong?
I got file from evo 2 pro recorded in 4k 30 fps/LOG with HDR.
I am editing it in Adobe premiere pro with HDR option on HDR monitor.
View attachment 9231
I am exporting the file with main10, rec2020, with hdr in adobe encoder. I chose profile rec also to mp4.
The movie is washed out... On monitor, no dynamic colours :(
I am uploading it to YouTube and on TV 4k with HDR also the colours are poor...

What i am doing wrong?

Here is the link to YouTube to watch on TV.

Here with standard exporting to 4k, without HDR.

As advice:
Use DaVinci for HDR. Gives more flexibility in color edit, as you have from version 17 a full control of HDR and saturation of each step from dark, black, shadows, light, highlights and specular... Also you see the range of each with a touch of a button and can modify the range.
The input is Hdr+Log, Rec 2020 ST HLG
The output is the same, but to be sure put is manually again at encoding window.
The format is H265 Main 10, preserving black and whites, full video.
You need to use a LUT for HDR if you need a LUT, also without LUT you need to have a second monitor for control and you just set it in Preview at 3D LUTs.

HDR workflow is very complex, far far more heavy than Rec709.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d