Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Have you had to replace the shell?

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you have had to replace the shell. I'm asking because I was thinking about ordering an extra "just-in-case" since the x-star is getting older and parts might not be available in the future.
...or would it be better to put the money into an extra battery?

I have replaced a Phantom 3 shell before, that is almost exacly identical. Even down to the screws that hold it together. It's really easy to replace. All that it requires is patience. Just unscrew the 12 screws and carefully separate the top and bottom parts of the X-Star. After that just start unasembling for the bottom replacement.

In my opinion, get the battery now. They are hard to come by and chances are you will have a harder time getting one than a shell.

I have replaced a Phantom 3 shell before, that is almost exacly identical. Even down to the screws that hold it together. It's really easy to replace. All that it requires is patience. Just unscrew the 12 screws and carefully separate the top and bottom parts of the X-Star. After that just start unasembling for the bottom replacement.

In my opinion, get the battery now. They are hard to come by and chances are you will have a harder time getting one than a shell.

Thanks! Ordered 2 batteries, I'll get the shell later if needed

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials