Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hanging RC

I got my Lifthor Evo tablet mount today. Absolutely zero directions in the box and the device sent is not exactly the device in the box (different colors, different holes), but I got it together and it seems great. More unweidly than Air or Spark mounts, but still awesome. Looking forward to moving into the tablet space with my Evo.

Good effort! I can't see from your photo what exactly is attached to the RC and how heavy it is. Even if it would stick, Velcro might be sub-optimal because it always allows some play in the join.

Maybe try something like Gorilla Heavy Duty Mounting Tape?

ok, got the Velcro to stick, Gorilla Glue! now the RC is perfect, no hands, no weight and positioned so the display is right on and I don't have to worry about position, I will take a few more detailed shots tonight.

Reactions: YuKay
This is the simple hack that adapted the EVO controller to the Hoodman Drone Belt. Makes it so much easier to handle controller and tablet and actually even giving your back support as it's pretty much an adapted weight belt. You can lean over to pick something up off the floor do just about anything without having to put the controller down having your hands free to open doors etc even if you are carrying the bird.

Attachments

• DRONE BELT EVO HACK-1.jpg
    DRONE BELT EVO HACK-1.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DRONE BELT EVO HACK-2.jpg
    DRONE BELT EVO HACK-2.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DRONE BELT EVO HACK-3.jpg
    DRONE BELT EVO HACK-3.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DRONE BELT EVO HACK-4.jpg
    DRONE BELT EVO HACK-4.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DRONE BELT EVO HACK-5.jpg
    DRONE BELT EVO HACK-5.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 13
  • DRONE BELT EVO HACK-6.jpg
    DRONE BELT EVO HACK-6.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DRONE BELT EVO HACK-7.jpg
    DRONE BELT EVO HACK-7.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: YuKay
Looks great! I'm trying out a couple of simple/cheap eBay offerings.

I spent enough money on cheap ebay offerings to buy what I ended up with LOL (not really, but feels like it) I'm still waiting on the last cheap possibility for a tablet mount.

I took the plunge after trying many cheap options and got the Thor, I couldn't be more pleased, build quality is great, though they don't provide instructions, putting it together was very logical and easy to do, hard to believe anyone would have a hard time pitting this thing together. One thing I was worried about was the space it might take in my backpack, but if you remove the actual tablet grip controller fits exactly where I originally assigned it and in fact I feel it's much safer. I'm however concerned whether the ball adapter is going to survive many mounts/dismounts, but what I love about it is now much firmer and solid it holds the tablet than any extenders or adaptors attached to the factory grip, these were flimsy at best and I feared the factory grip just couldn't handle the weight. With the Lifthor I can use the Dronebelt, though I think I need stronger velcro, and/or the beset harness and feel pretty secure and confortable with either. The neck lanyard provided by lifter seems a bit to cheap and flimsy for my taste.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d