Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings from NorCal

WildDoktor

Reaction score
Well, I suppose I should say "hey" since I'm already posting here. :)

I'm fairly new to drones, but have been fascinated with flight as long as I can remember. I always got motion sick so was never able to become a pilot. Instead, I've been flight simming since about 1989. I did some RC airplane stuff in the early 90's, but found that crashing a simulated aircraft was *much* less expensive then crashing the balsa kind, so gave up on RC.

Now I have passed my Part 107 exam, and after about 6 months of research and selling things on ebay/craigslist I found a great deal on an excellent used XSP and bought it last week. It'll be delivered tomorrow, and my Shield Tablet should be here by Friday.

(Actually, the XPS was delivered today! But...my wife didn't know I was expecting it, so she didn't answer the door, and they left the dreaded slip of paper and took my box back to the post office, and I'll have to pick it up tomorrow at lunchtime. :confused: Man, was I looking forward to unboxing that thing tonight!! *sigh* #firstworldproblems)

In the meantime, I bought a stock Inductrix FPV recently and two sets of goggles (for me and my daughter), and can finally use my Devo 7e for something other than Freerider on my PC! :) We're having fun with the indi and I've proven that my flight simming translates directly to flying RC, so I have high hopes that the XSP learning curve won't be too steep.

Anyway, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :D

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials