Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

GPS Jammers

SO....question. Lets just say that you go and buy one of these "GPS Jammers" and deploy it at your house, for the purpose of stopping those nasty GPS signals from getting to your brain stem.....Amazon send a drone over your house to deliver a package to someone else. The Amazon drone crashes, either on your property or anywhere else. Are you liable if you deployed this device, (assuming it is legal to do so)?

It's NOT legal. Jamming is strictly prohibited by the FCC. Except for the government and law enforcement, of course. Big fines and possible jail time. Not to mention the fact that it's also illegal to interfere with, or cause danger to ANY aircraft. The FAA will get you for that one. So either way, it's a big no-no.

It's NOT legal. Jamming is strictly prohibited by the FCC. Except for the government and law enforcement, of course. Big fines and possible jail time. Not to mention the fact that it's also illegal to interfere with, or cause danger to ANY aircraft. The FAA will get you for that one. So either way, it's a big no-no.
The FAA and FCC will both pursue that one.

I also think it effects the majority of law enforcement too, last year (1-2 yrs?) there was a local law enforcement that had a jamming company set up at an outdoor music concert. The concert had hired a company to film, including multiple drone coverages. They almost caused drones to go down... and out of control moving over crowds. The company had a tech that checked RF and pinpointed the problem and either he or FCC (via phone) instructed Law Enforcement of the FCC laws they were breaking and they quickly shut it down.

The FAA and FCC will both pursue that one.

I also think it effects the majority of law enforcement too, last year (1-2 yrs?) there was a local law enforcement that had a jamming company set up at an outdoor music concert. The concert had hired a company to film, including multiple drone coverages. They almost caused drones to go down... and out of control moving over crowds. The company had a tech that checked RF and pinpointed the problem and either he or FCC (via phone) instructed Law Enforcement of the FCC laws they were breaking and they quickly shut it down.

What's legal and what's ethical are two very different things rapidly speeding away from each other. Some knuckle head will end up in the news. I just saw it in my feed and thought I'd share.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth