Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Got a Device Disconnected warning

Wayne Maine

Reaction score
I launched this morning and got device disconnected warning almost imeadiatly. I got it down as it was only overhead a short distance. Reset and launched again. Got it again and also got it back to ground. Kinda not wanting to try it again as Autel bit me on my last Evo that had the same issue but it has long been lost.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
When you get device disconnected. Does the Evo respond to the controller? or does it completely disconnect from everything and you have no control? Have you tried flying with the built in screen? There are so many factors involved in here, so we may need a little bit more information. I could be your phone, the cable, the connector to the controller, the controller, etc.

When you get device disconnected. Does the Evo respond to the controller? or does it completely disconnect from everything and you have no control? Have you tried flying with the built in screen? There are so many factors involved in here, so we may need a little bit more information. I could be your phone, the cable, the connector to the controller, the controller, etc.
It did respond which made it better. Same Autel cable and phone i have beeen using. I messaged Autel and i am in response with them. Got it from Best Buy on July 3rd. Maybe they could heip? Don't know there policy. Getting some much needed rain now so will hace to wait for another try.

Best Buy's return policy is 15 days for drones, so they won't help there. Can you try with another device next time you fly your drone? I just want to make sure you rule out all possible options before spending a month without drone. I ask, because in your photo, the screen is cracked. So I know that phone has had a rough life.

Best Buy's return policy is 15 days for drones, so they won't help there. Can you try with another device next time you fly your drone? I just want to make sure you rule out all possible options before spending a month without drone. I ask, because in your photo, the screen is cracked. So I know that phone has had a rough life.
i have a call into my Best Buy. Phone screen has been cracked a long time. Thats not an issue. After the last lost that i had to eat i'm going to be cautious. Waiting on a reply back from Autel also.

This happened to me and I wrote about it on this forum. It happened several times, all at a particular location. Flying elsewhere it was fine. Several days later I went back to that location and everything was fine. I think there were some strong, temporary interference that cuased this, and there is nothing wrong with the Evo.

You are better off buying from Amazon Prime with their return policy. Best Buy Is a rip off with sometimes charging a 10% restock fee or more on an open box fee.

Best Buy's exchange policy on drones is the same as on any other merchandise: it depends on your membership level, which can range from 15 days up to 45 days. They do have a 15% restocking fee on drone refunds, but not if defective, or alleged to be defective. That's the refund loophole.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials