Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

GoPro compatible Gimbal?

Brlowe

Reaction score
So is there anyway I could mount a GoPro style gimbal on my XSP?
The only reason I ask is for mounting some of the IR cameras on the market.

Reactions: Carlos Sevilla
You will not be able to replace the existing X-Star gimbal, but you could probably attach some kind of self-contained gimbal/camera system to the landing gear. The battery and/or performance would probably take a negative hit though.

When the X-Star and X-Star Premium were announced at CES 2016, the X-Star Go was also announced. However did not make it into production. I assume that the X-Star Go was an X-Star with a GoPro gimbal.
You could copy the X-Star gimbal attachment plate and mount something there, but it would probably be more cost and labor efficient to get a platform with GoPro support.

I can't believe that a mounted gopro would be better than the system you already have. Just seems like a lot of effort to mount a camera that will not have the same functionality that an integrated system has. I understand the question but do not think you would be better off with a duct taped gopro.

I can't believe that a mounted gopro would be better than the system you already have. Just seems like a lot of effort to mount a camera that will not have the same functionality that an integrated system has. I understand the question but do not think you would be better off with a duct taped gopro.
You are 100% correct the current system is great for videos but I want to mount a MAPIR camera for doing farm survey flights. I would just like to expand the capabilities of the XPS for other options.

Reactions: Carlos Sevilla
Go
You are 100% correct the current system is great for videos but I want to mount a MAPIR camera for doing farm survey flights. I would just like to expand the capabilities of the XPS for other options.
Gotcha

did you ever find anything for the xsp gimbal. Im looking at doing something similar, since autel is not releasing new accessories as promised. thx and good luck.
arto

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials