Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimble cover

I just want to go on record as saying that if I owned Autel, the "gimble cover designer" would be looking for a job.

That's nothing compared to the little fold out handles of the controller. At least with the gimbal cover you don't have to hold it while you fly.

Reactions: sadphil01
The gimbal cover couldn't be simpler to remove or install. I applaud the design for it's easy, one-handed operation.

Reactions: UasDriver
That's nothing compared to the little fold out handles of the controller. At least with the gimbal cover you don't have to hold it while you fly.
Compared to the Mavic & Phantoms and larger DJI aircraft controllers (unless you have a harness teathering them), once you get used to them, the fold out handles and Autel controller far easier to hold and carry for longer time than the DJI, even one handed. Otoh, placement of the small USB port in between where the controller handles fold together is a PITA.

Compared to the Mavic & Phantoms and larger DJI aircraft controllers (unless you have a harness teathering them), once you get used to them, the fold out handles and Autel controller far easier to hold and carry for longer time than the DJI, even one handed. Otoh, placement of the small USB port in between where the controller handles fold together is a PITA.

I definitely like the Phantom 4 and Inspire's remote far better than any other remote I've held. Once you add an iPad mini and the bracket to get it up and way from the remote, the Autel remote feels very awkward and unbalanced in my hands. I've gotten used to it, but still consider it sub optimal. I wasn't really a fan of the Mavic's remote either, until I got the iPad mini adapter which held the handles open and centered the weight of the iPad over the top of the remote when a lanyard was attached.

Still better than the large RC remotes that I used to use but definitely not as good as the P4 or Inspire's remote.

I definitely like the Phantom 4 and Inspire's remote far better than any other remote I've held. Once you add an iPad mini and the bracket to get it up and way from the remote, the Autel remote feels very awkward and unbalanced in my hands. I've gotten used to it, but still consider it sub optimal. I wasn't really a fan of the Mavic's remote either, until I got the iPad mini adapter which held the handles open and centered the weight of the iPad over the top of the remote when a lanyard was attached.

Still better than the large RC remotes that I used to use but definitely not as good as the P4 or Inspire's remote.
With the Phantom/Inspire remote I wear a harness so that makes the controller easier. For longer projects I have an adjustable tall small table that can set the larger controller on. Love the sport mode switch on the larger controller especially on windy days. For the Autel controller I use an Android S10 or S8 so they are small and light weight.

Reactions: PingSpike
With the Phantom/Inspire remote I wear a harness so that makes the controller easier. For longer projects I have an adjustable tall small table that can set the larger controller on. Love the sport mode switch on the larger controller especially on windy days. For the Autel controller I use an Android S10 or S8 so they are small and light weight.

It would definitely feel more balanced if I used a smaller viewing screen. For me though, the iPad mini is the perfect size screen real estate wise, but it certainly unbalances the EVO remote. I still need to rig up a way to attach a lanyard to it, the bracket has a lanyard loop but its not very practical due to the way the bracket folds to fit into the case.

Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58