Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Getting your video from drone to PC

Spikemixture

Reaction score
Getting your video from drone to PC

I am posting this on a few boards as I want several thoughts on how people get this done.
I want the most functional way to get this job done.

So the microSD is in your drone.
One option is connect your drone to your PC which works but not simple enough IMO

But where do you put the card when you take it out of your drone.
I do not have a laptop with a microSD slot.

ATM I take out the card and stick it in a small USB key, then put the key in a usb slot on the PC.
Then find the usb drive and copy the files to the designated folder on my NAS (via the PC)
It's not functional and is fiddly!

I have ordered a little box with a microSD slot connected to a USB 3 slot in my PC.
(UGREEN 15CM All in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Support 256G for SD TF Memory Card- USB 3.0)
This will sit permanently on my desk ready at anytime to have a card inserted.

So how do u get your media from drone to PC?

I started off by hooking my drone to my computer but found that to be taking life from my battery cycles and electrical system.
Now I do the same as you by pulling the USB card out and installing it but my computer does have a mini USB port so it is a lot easier now. Only thing I worry about is loosing that little sucker....

Reactions: butch
Taking the card out seems to be the best option.
But I worry about the SD card slot.
Is it me or is the cover of the slot rather flimsy?
It just hangs on a small peace of rubber.
I would have liked it if it clicked/locked in place.
Any ideas about that?

Any ideas about that?

I work with many different memory cards all the time so I have everything from portable all in one readers to a desktop enterprise class version that is connected to my desktop.

For your scenario does your laptop have an SD card reader? If so you can get a microSD to SD Card adapter and leave that permanently in the SD card slot. If not, then an external reader is the way to go. BTW, not all media readers are created equal and cheap readers are the main cause of media corruption, they also aren't all anywhere near their advertised speeds.

After trying many media readers, I recommend the Kingston Multicard reader. It is faster than my Lexar Lexar Professional Workflow reader and many times cheaper.

Any ideas about that?

The cover is very flimsy, I am just very careful when I open it and I don't put any pressure on it.

I work with many different memory cards all the time so I have everything from portable all in one readers to a desktop enterprise class version that is connected to my desktop.

For your scenario does your laptop have an SD card reader? If so you can get a microSD to SD Card adapter and leave that permanently in the SD card slot. If not, then an external reader is the way to go. BTW, not all media readers are created equal and cheap readers are the main cause of media corruption, they also aren't all anywhere near their advertised speeds.

After trying many media readers, I recommend the Kingston Multicard reader. It is faster than my Lexar Lexar Professional Workflow reader and many times cheaper.

The cover is very flimsy, I am just very careful when I open it and I don't put any pressure on it.
agreed, I remove the micros card each and every time. the pieces are durable, they will last.

Reactions: UasDriver
I'm sure I heard the same thing about 8-Track in 1974 ;)

Kind of funny actually, it won't work with my 5DIV because it takes CF cards, and it won't work with my C200 because it takes CFAST cards. It won't even work with the latest mirrorless camera that use CFExpress cards.....so from that standpoint it might be closer to an 8 track player than 1974

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy