Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geofencing on Lite+

Cream_Fly

Reaction score
After much thought between the Evo Lite+ and the DJI Mavic 3, I settled on Autel as they are advertised to have no geofencing and Costco had it on sale for $850 which made it hard to pass up. The concept of geofencing is something I don't tolerate well. I can't imagine flying a remote control helicopter as kid, bringing it to an open field, and being told by my controller I cant use it. I understand why it exists, but I don't care and have plenty of common sense to comply with FAA regulations. It's a bit of a deal breaker for me. I received my Lite+ in the mail this week, and lucky me, the gimbal roll motor was defective brand new out of the box. Worked with autel and no amount of troubleshooting resolved the issue. We're not off to a good start but Costco replacements are pretty easy and my new one is on the way. While troubleshooting this issue, I read the manual in its entirety to which I found that all Autel drones are now geofenced. I confirmed this with their support team as well. That being said, has anyone run into a warning zone or a NFZ with an Evo series drone? Is it a pain in the *** to get approval to fly? Is it easier or more difficult to navigate than DJI geofencing? Would love any and all input from those who have experienced this.

THey are geofenced in countries with conflict and in China but not in the US. The sky app will warn you if your breaking the rules but it will not enforce it by limiting you or preventing you to fly.

Last edited:
Reactions: boatdoc

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbu155681