Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geo Fencing Poll

How important is No Geo Fencing to you?

• Total voters
It’s going well, TY, lots to do... We aren’t going to put it on the market until the end of the month. I’m working everyday fixing things, painting, cleaning-up the yard. Metal roof needs pressure washing, ugh.

I needed to get rid of a lot of stuff too, shipping containers are $$$$. We are moving by suitcase and the post office. I put an ad on Craigslist for free stuff for those evacuated from lava — I removed it an hour later, OMG. Folks need almost everything. One family offered to help clean-up my acre b/c I gave them furniture & kitchen stuff.
I also want to fly my XSP’s a bit too, I sure hope I have time. No lava flights though, I can’t afford the bail...

in my opinion, drone users should be responsible and not have geofencing. i think it is a good idea to do something though where a message pops up on you screen and notifies you that you are in a n area, but then allows you to fly assuming that you have gotten permision and are being responsible. maybe even a disclaimer saying they are not responsible for any lawsuits against you.

I'm in favour of built-in NFZs which only pro operators can switch off. The great unwashed can't be relied upon to do what is safe or sensible so it seems certain imho that the regulators will enforce out-of-the-box NFZs before long for all camera drones and for all drones above a certain size/weight. For sure, DJI know that this is coming or they would not be committing commercial suicide by leading the way with it.

I found a website the other day which enabled any property owner, including home owners, to apply (for a small fee) to get their own NFZ which would be incorporated into the central database.

Since I don't want my Sunday afternoon siesta in the back yard to be disturbed by any buzzing drones, I'll probably be in line for one -- as will anyone who values their privacy or the wellbeing of their livestock*.

I find it hard to argue against compulsory NFZs for hobby pilots and it's the trade-off the industry has to accept in order to keep growing.

*I would be interested to learn how different critters respond to drone noise. My EVO is quieter than most and doesn't upset my beloved cat; and a couple of days ago I accidentally flew within 30 feet of some temperamental thoroughbred horses in the field next door and they didn't stop chomping on their hay.View front + horses - EVO.png

I'm in favour of built-in NFZs which only pro operators can switch off. The great unwashed can't be relied upon to do what is safe or sensible so it seems certain imho that the regulators will enforce out-of-the-box NFZs before long for all camera drones and for all drones above a certain size/weight. For sure, DJI know that this is coming or they would not be committing commercial suicide by leading the way with it.

I found a website the other day which enabled any property owner, including home owners, to apply (for a small fee) to get their own NFZ which would be incorporated into the central database.

Since I don't want my Sunday afternoon siesta in the back yard to be disturbed by any buzzing drones, I'll probably be in line for one -- as will anyone who values their privacy or the wellbeing of their livestock*.

I find it hard to argue against compulsory NFZs for hobby pilots and it's the trade-off the industry has to accept in order to keep growing.

*I would be interested to learn how different critters respond to drone noise. My EVO is quieter than most and doesn't upset my beloved cat; and a couple of days ago I accidentally flew within 30 feet of some temperamental thoroughbred horses in the field next door and they didn't stop chomping on their hay.View attachment 2912
I really, REELY hope this is a cleverly disguised troll...;)

Get your hands on an Anafi and you will realize how substantial the build of the EVO is compared to it. No brainer which is superior!

Makes no difference, Broken is Broken no matter how good you think the build is. And yes I have had the Anafi since July and love it. Many more features and 300 bucks less in price.
IMG_20181026_201046348.jpg

Dozens of drones are cheaper than the EVO so price, in isolation, is meaningless. The Anafi hasn't had great reviews and if the Wired review is accurate, I wouldn't buy it at any price.

Started to respond with a discourse on the evils of "big brother" government, but suffice it to say I am a (relatively) intelligent adult who can make decisions appropriate to the situations at hand, and don't need to be RESTRICTIVELY guided.

'Nuff said...thanks for your reply and concern.

Started to respond with a discourse on the evils of "big brother" government, but suffice it to say I am a (relatively) intelligent adult who can make decisions appropriate to the situations at hand, and don't need to be RESTRICTIVELY guided.

'Nuff said...thanks for your reply and concern.
I don't doubt that. But the regulations need to protect us from those who are not so intelligent or knowledgeable or responsible…which might be the majority.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791