Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Garmin Basecamp

Catweazle

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have a Garmin 64S that I use for hiking. Also, have the Garmin Base Camp maps on my pc. Can i add my EVO1 to Base camp as a device and then plan missions from these maps. Also, could the Garmin 64S be used for tracking my EVO if lost. Stay safe and well.

Isn't the 64S to heavy to be carried around with the Evo? As to plan missions for the Evo, you can only do that with the Explorer app.

Thank Ansia,. I was thinking that it may have had some use as a third wheel for tracking my EVO if it got lost. By flying fool's response he may have been thinking the 64S was going to be strapped to the EVO !! o_O Uh duh...

Reactions: Ansia
Thank Ansia,. I was thinking that it may have had some use as a third wheel for tracking my EVO if it got lost. By flying fool's response he may have been thinking the 64S was going to be strapped to the EVO !! o_O Uh duh...
I thought the same...??

Ok . Ivé been reading a few recent blogs of EVOs becoming missing in action, and I have no intention of buying the EVO II until there is a foolproof tracker out there with 100% return of finding a drone, or just a good duck shooting retriever hound.

In the meantime i,m using the EVO 1 as a crash test dummy.
I have an old samsung galaxy gt 19000 that has GPS. I, m stripping this down to bare bones to lighten the load from 119 gms, then will attempt to attach it to the EVO. Then will load the attached phone on to the Garmin and hang on my belt. The theory is that the EVO should then be trackable. I should be able to find it via my Garmin if it drops. Fingers and toes Xed !

Reactions: Ansia
But the EVO is trackable anyway...! if during flight it disappears, press the appropriate screen selection in the APP and it will show you on Google maps where it last was... have you tried reading the manual... or watched any YouTube vids... ? the appropriate button I will leave for you to find or we may as well come and fly it for you... ha-ha.. Cheers

But the EVO is trackable anyway...! if during flight it disappears, press the appropriate screen selection in the APP and it will show you on Google maps where it last was... have you tried reading the manual... or watched any YouTube vids... ? the appropriate button I will leave for you to find or we may as well come and fly it for you... ha-ha.. Cheers

Some people do not use a phone or tablet so no App to look for your lost UAV. If people want to fly that way then they need a 3rd party solution.

What.... !!! he's strapping an old phone to the top of the drone in case he looses it, now he can use it with the app IF he didn't have one already and I doubt very much he was one of the some people... "now" someone has told him there is a find it option, could save him a lot of trouble... try being a bit more positive....

What.... !!! he's strapping an old phone to the top of the drone in case he looses it, now he can use it with the app IF he didn't have one already and I doubt very much he was one of the some people... "now" someone has told him there is a find it option, could save him a lot of trouble... try being a bit more positive....

Try being a bit more WHAT?

You seem to be misinformed. When a Fly Away or crash occurs, the app stops receiving telemetry when the incident starts occuring. If your drone is in X spot at the moment of the fly away, you can lose connection with the drone completely and it can fly as long as the battery lasts. You have no way of tracking it, unless you have a specific tracker for it or stay within VLOS.

Charmin, all I am doing is using a third party (e.g. my Garmin) where, should the EVO crash I should be able to hike to where it fell without any need for a signal from the EVO (except my phone). Doesn't matter if you use an old phone, Trakimo or any other whatever that is out there.. A phone battery outlasts an EVO, hence a better chance of finding it. My old phone may begin a new life as a tracker. Winter, wind, rain, and fog at present. EVO is in the hangar.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials