Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Freewell Filters for EVO II are here!

Received my filters today. When putting them on a gimbal do you have to power down the quad when you switch filters? I want to take sunrise pictures tomorrow morning, is it best to use a filter or stay with the clear lens? ND filter newbie!

Received my filters today. When putting them on a gimbal do you have to power down the quad when you switch filters? I want to take sunrise pictures tomorrow morning, is it best to use a filter or stay with the clear lens? ND filter newbie!
I would definately power down the unit. You may damage something because the motors on the gimbal are engaged.

What ND are you using dailly, for standard flight? ND8 or ND16?

8 on cloudy/gloomy days & 16 on mostly sunny/brighter days. Full bright sun gets the occasional 32.

Reactions: Admund
8 on cloudy/gloomy days & 16 on mostly sunny/brighter days. Full bright sun gets the occasional 32.

I use the ND16 most of the time and work my way with the EV setting. I agree that the ND32 should be used occasionally with a full sunshine bright day. Just keep testing to get the effect wanted.

This time of the year in the Midwest is mostly gloomy. I like to shoot manual at F4 with an ND8 at this time of the year works well to keep my shutter speed in check. F4 with an ND16 on sunny days is usually my go to filter for most of the time as well.

This time of the year in the Midwest is mostly gloomy. I like to shoot manual at F4 with an ND8 at this time of the year works well to keep my shutter speed in check. F4 with an ND16 on sunny days is usually my go to filter for most of the time as well.

As a matter of fact, today that was my experience but with the ND16. By the way, your photo of Al Bundy always crack me up!!!! :D

Reactions: Cicero24
Freewell is offering 10% off with free shipping until tomorrow. Comes out to $116. Still overpriced but a bit better than $129. Better deals could be had elsewhere I'm sure.

Last edited:
Good filters, but there is a problem with calibration after install..

I see that B&H now has a couple of ND filters (namely 32 and 64) for the Evo II 6K Pro in stock. Not yet in stock are the ND/PL filters.

In your experience (and opinion perhaps,) how much benefit is realized by use of the combined ND/PL filter as compared w/ just an ND filter? Is there any downside to using the combined filters?

I see that B&H now has a couple of ND filters (namely 32 and 64) for the Evo II 6K Pro in stock. Not yet in stock are the ND/PL filters.

In your experience (and opinion perhaps,) how much benefit is realized by use of the combined ND/PL filter as compared w/ just an ND filter? Is there any downside to using the combined filters?
I personally do not suggest using ND+PL filter "all in one". They are not good in terms of quality. (all filters, all brands).
the PL is alredy a nd filter (usually it filters a stop of light) but pl has its job and ND has its.

Definitely: do not buy or use an all in one filter

Reactions: superflyguy

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials