Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FPV VR Flight Control

Kcender

Reaction score
Apologize ahead of time, but I viewed all the threads I could see for the answer: Samsung VR Gear goggles for FPV VR flight control of Autel XSP drones.
I see YT videos on FPV VR flight control for DJI, but not for Autel. Is anyone doing this? Yeah I know that they use another app not available for Autel, but why can't it work? Many thanks.

The signal coming back is a proprietary signal, just like the Yuneec signal is a proprietary signal. No goggles will work with it unless they are made from the manufacture.
What most people do is use a HDMI out from a tablet that has this option and use goggles that have a HDMI in connection.

Only other option is the phone holder style goggles that to me are a waste as you can't click in the app while the phone is on your head.

Agustine, you are the best and I've even learned what the heck KP is now because of you! Okay, so I'll just have to wait, but I do see DJI flying with it. I do get what you are saying. Guess I will just learn what VR can do for me and keep taking my "eye" vitamins until then!

Agustine, you are the best and I've even learned what the heck KP is now because of you! Okay, so I'll just have to wait, but I do see DJI flying with it. I do get what you are saying. Guess I will just learn what VR can do for me and keep taking my "eye" vitamins until then!

VR goggles will work but I don't recommend it. This is a Aerial video platform and was not designed for FPV. Actually The higher speeds of 32 MPH do not do anything for video or photos as far as I am concerned. There are many cheap FPV units out there if that is what you want to do. FPV is actually illegal as a hobbyist :)

The FAA: “First Person View is prohibited” (sort of)

Copied and pasted from a website.
In order to connect X-Star Premium FPV quadcopter with goggles you will need the help of a very special tablet. I’m talking about none other than the Nvidia Shield K1 – every gamer’s wet dream. What’s so special about this tablet? Well, it can easily be connected to the drone and since it has an HDMI port, you can connect FPV goggles to it. Simply select the Mirror option and you will be greeted with a live view of your drone’s camera. At the time of writing this article, pairing up X-Star Premium with Nvidia Shield K1 is the best way of getting FPV goggles to work with it.

Copied and pasted from a website.
In order to connect X-Star Premium FPV quadcopter with goggles you will need the help of a very special tablet. I’m talking about none other than the Nvidia Shield K1 – every gamer’s wet dream. What’s so special about this tablet? Well, it can easily be connected to the drone and since it has an HDMI port, you can connect FPV goggles to it. Simply select the Mirror option and you will be greeted with a live view of your drone’s camera. At the time of writing this article, pairing up X-Star Premium with Nvidia Shield K1 is the best way of getting FPV goggles to work with it.

LOL
Good luck in finding one at a decent price. And no they are not going to make a Nvidia Shield K1 two as they signed a waiver to make something else. :)

I know eh. I was looking to get one but the prices just seemed too high for me. That's why I bought the Insignia Flex for 37.99.

Thanks guys...very helpful for a newby, but willing to learn stuff! Someday...

The way I understood the article is that it IS against the law but FAA does not pursue it and that there will be changes soon especially if/when the racing gets more popular.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54