Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Fooling around with Photogrammetry and 3D Rendering

I only have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and it does OK. My kid has all the good stuff on his computer. Going to swap them out one of these days LOL
The kids are supposed to get the hand me downs. Not the parents!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Missions run jpeg only. I found that a 3s timelapse was the best result for photogrammetry. Yes motion blur can affect the quality, so you might need to inspect all photos and remove those that are blurry. I wish the Evo had mechanical shutter.

I don't mind if I had to start it and let it run overnight. I was just surprised that it outright won't run at all without it.

Anyway, I just ran my mission again. This time it will have an extra 2 passes that it didn't do before.
I ran at 5 mph so we'll see if that added any blur.

Since there aren't any camera settings in Mission, I thought maybe it would use the settings from the Camera screen. But it didn't. I was set to shoot JPG + RAW but it only shot JPG.
What app are you using to process them? I can process a 150 photo one in 3 hours at high quality. On this machine:

I'm using 3DFlow Zephyr Lite.

Capturing Reality has a pay-as-you-go model. It looks like you can complete a full project for free. You just can't export it or do anything with it unless you pay. Seems to be a good way to learn. I'm not sure if it's full-featured. I quit when it banned my Radeon card. :)

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
The model finished. 5 mph blur is blatantly obvious. The app goes from 2 mph to 5. Not sure why I can't choose whatever value I want.

Still a pretty fun entry into the field.
We all got a good laugh at how warped everything looks.

It's so fun I'm going to open my vault and buy a $100k LIDAR drone. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy