Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying XSP at Mormon Rocks

Bigbit

Reaction score
Here's my first edited movie of drone flying - including an overhead capture of a moving freight train. See link:

Nice video for sure
I noticed when the train was getting close you over reacted to it and basically left it out of the video. That seems to be a normal reaction as I have done the same. In my mind I wanted to get the front of the train coming into view but went to far and trying to compensate just made it worse :) until the train actually came into the video. I find trains are the hardest to video as most times you have no idea of when they are coming by. At least where i live. You need to call the rail yard and hopefully the yardmaster will give you a time. They don't like doing that anymore because of terrorism. Such is the world we live in.
Looking forward to more of your videos.

Here is one I did with my Q500, love getting train videos :)

Reactions: Delta Blue
Augustine - I'm still learning to fly this guy, and I'm particularly struggling with the very touchy yaw control. This is being compounded by the difficulty in seeing the screen on my iPhone 7+ In bright sunlight. I have just ordered the Hoodman mobile phone hood to see if this will help. I just happened into the train, but it is a main freight track with frequent traffic.

I enjoyed your video very much. Nicely done!

Yup I hear ya buddie. Like I said trains are the best to video but hard to capture. You did good on your first attempt. I live one block from the tracks and do you think i can get things organized to get that great shot or video. LOL
I always say next time :)

Reactions: Bigbit
Nice video for sure
I noticed when the train was getting close you over reacted to it and basically left it out of the video. That seems to be a normal reaction as I have done the same. In my mind I wanted to get the front of the train coming into view but went to far and trying to compensate just made it worse :) until the train actually came into the video. I find trains are the hardest to video as most times you have no idea of when they are coming by. At least where i live. You need to call the rail yard and hopefully the yardmaster will give you a time. They don't like doing that anymore because of terrorism. Such is the world we live in.
Looking forward to more of your videos.

Here is one I did with my Q500, love getting train videos :)

Wow! Nice video. I could not fly with visibility less than three statute miles myself having a pilot's certificate, but the haze really gave the film a nice aura. The black train cutting through the perfect white snow is awesome.

I took some train videos today but I was having the same issues with screen glare (even with the hood on) and the yaw control (the variable gusty wind didn't help matters either). I'm going to have to research some anti-glare screen protectors for my tablet. And probably not wear a white shirt next time. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Bigbit

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials