Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying in snow

mjbok

Reaction score
I know it's dumb to do and I don't do it, but I do have a question about flying in snow just because the visual imagery would be stunning.

If you're up in the air and the flakes start coming down the best course of action is to get on the ground ASAP, right?

I know it's dumb to do and I don't do it, but I do have a question about flying in snow just because the visual imagery would be stunning.

If you're up in the air and the flakes start coming down the best course of action is to get on the ground ASAP, right?
Don't know if it's dumb but I would do it. Shouldn't be a problem as far as I know as long as it's not a storm.

There are different types of snow. You will have to determine on your own really. Some snows are safer than others. Perhaps in the thread below, it can help you understand better. I have never seen snow, so I can't really give an objective opinion.

Let's Have a Techie Snow Talk ...

There are different types of snow. You will have to determine on your own really. Some snows are safer than others. Perhaps in the thread below, it can help you understand better. I have never seen snow, so I can't really give an objective opinion.

Let's Have a Techie Snow Talk ...

That is a good discussion on types of snow. If it is dry snow then I don't have a problem. If it's wet snow, then no. I guess you would have to understand snow to know. As Augustine said above, it's fun to watch the video afterwards.

Reactions: Ansia
Well... Since it's dumb I won't tell you how, or how often I do it. Lol. It's fine. Only fly in finer cold flakes. No heavy, sticky wet snow. Looks awesome and no, no moisture problems.

Well... Since it's dumb I won't tell you how, or how often I do it. Lol. It's fine. Only fly in finer cold flakes. No heavy, sticky wet snow. Looks awesome and no, no moisture problems.
I did not mean to say it's dumb. What I was trying to say is that you do so at your own risk. Some people are able to do it and have no problems. Other do it just once and lose their drones. Just wanted him to keep that in mind.

From a photographers standpoint, remember that when you’re photographing snow you have to increase your exposure by anywhere from 1 to 2 stops, otherwise the snow will a pair of gray

I actually fly my EVO in the snow all the time. As long as its a dry snow your good to go. just be mindful of your take off and landing location sometimes it can be to wet or snow buildup causes the drone to keep asking if it is ok to land.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials