Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flight Over People

motorider

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a parachute system for the EVO? I’ve seen a few, mostly for DJI. I’m wanting to go through the process to get a waiver but don’t know of any specific for the EVO. I might just go through with the waiver for a phantom and if it gets approved use that when flying over people.

I found that also. I thought it was interesting they have a mount for the X-Star but not the EVO. It seems like in looking at some of the DJI ones like ParaZero they will provide your with the test data to help you get the waiver.

I found that also. I thought it was interesting they have a mount for the X-Star but not the EVO. It seems like in looking at some of the DJI ones like ParaZero they will provide your with the test data to help you get the waiver.
I hope you will keep us informed as to your success in getting a Fly Over People waiver. From what I have read the FAA is right in the middle of drafting the safety regulations a drone must qualify for before being allowed to fly over people that are not part of your production team. And without any actual regulation approved and on the books right now, they are sticking their necks out by approving ANY waiver. So the word is its a 1000 to 1 shot of receiving approval at this time because the FAA still has not completely defined, identified, and quantified the risks to humans for the many different sizes of drones being used and come up with legal requirements to meet safety issues and fully protect the public.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronitphotos