Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First Flight

KevinP

Reaction score
A new guy here. Unboxed, charged it up and took her out to the back yard.
I never flew anything before. I didn't crash !!! ? I have 2 batteries, do you think that's enough?

Oh. Name is Kevin and I'm from the
Albany N. Y. area ....

I have a lot of how do- I- do that questions.
Between this form and YouTube I'm learning a lot.

Reactions: KentA
Welcome from Ontario Canada Kevin. Hope you have many hours of fun with your new EVO. Take it slow and in wide open areas to get comfortable and you should be just fine. Any questions just ask.

Reactions: Spappy
A new guy here. Unboxed, charged it up and took her out to the back yard.
I never flew anything before. I didn't crash !!! ? I have 2 batteries, do you think that's enough?

Oh. Name is Kevin and I'm from the
Albany N. Y. area ....

I have a lot of how do- I- do that questions.
Between this form and YouTube I'm learning a lot.

Welcome
There are a lot of videos out there and the ones from Autel are a required view.
There are a few from a fellow on YouTube (Jeff Sibelius) that go into the app and the functions in great detail...I highly recommend giving those a watch
Take some time with the EVO on the ground and maybe with the props off to click/fool with EVERY option/selection in the app so you can see how it's laid out and what they do...There are a few options that are kind of not so easy to find right away ( for example the menu setting to allow setting some preferences for obstacle avoidance in active track and setting up orbits,etc). Basically, take some times to get familiar with everything before getting adventurous.
When you get the initial "thrill" out of your system in the back yard, find as wide open a spot as possible to experiment.

Then, enjoy it!

Welcome
There are a lot of videos out there and the ones from Autel are a required view.
There are a few from a fellow on YouTube (Jeff Sibelius) that go into the app and the functions in great detail...I highly recommend giving those a watch
Take some time with the EVO on the ground and maybe with the props off to click/fool with EVERY option/selection in the app so you can see how it's laid out and what they do...There are a few options that are kind of not so easy to find right away ( for example the menu setting to allow setting some preferences for obstacle avoidance in active track and setting up orbits,etc). Basically, take some times to get familiar with everything before getting adventurous.
When you get the initial "thrill" out of your system in the back yard, find as wide open a spot as possible to experiment.

Then, enjoy it!
Thank You all for the nice welcome and advice. I find the learning curve is not so bad. But a lot to learn for sure. ? I just have to deal with the remember the stuff part .... ?

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Thank You all for the nice welcome and advice. I find the learning curve is not so bad. But a lot to learn for sure. ? I just have to deal with the remember the stuff part .... ?
The EVO is a very easy drone to fly but it does have a lot of features/options that getting familiar with will greatly enhance your enjoyment and safety as well as the longevity of the drone.

I am understanding this more and more, thank you for your guidance ...

Je te souhaite la bienvenue depuis la France
Tu vas vraiment aimer voler avec le EVO !
Au début vole dans un endroit dégagé, sans arbre, sans cable ou autres chose qui pourraient te perturber !
ne fait jamais de vol en interieur si tu ne sait pas piloter..
le EVO est un drone vraiment super, et tu vas t'amuser !!

Franlac said ....
I welcome you from France
You will really love flying with the EVO!
At first fly in a clear place, without trees, without cables or anything else that could disturb you!
never fly indoors if you can not drive ..

the EVO is a really great drone, and you'll have fun !!

Thank you ... I will ... :)

Franlac said ....
I welcome you from France
You will really love flying with the EVO!
At first fly in a clear place, without trees, without cables or anything else that could disturb you!
never fly indoors if you can not drive ..

the EVO is a really great drone, and you'll have fun !!

Thank you ... I will ... :)
I coulda swore he said he wanted to go ride his bicycle in the rain while eating a bologna sandwich. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
I coulda swore he said he wanted to go ride his bicycle in the rain while eating a bologna sandwich. ?
I like the bologna idea, good stuff.
Took my first flight yesterday also. I have a 60 acre pasture behind my house and explored a very small portion. It was cold and very wind, about 20 mph but I was surprised how well he evo stood steady in the breeze and how it land so precise. I made no videos or pictures, just wanted to concentrate on flying. Think I am going to like this thing.
butch......

I speak english not to good !
I'm so sorry but i don't understand the joke, i think that tis very funny but ????
No comprendo ...
But good idéa if i "drive much better" ???
Ils plaisantent, parce qu'ils n'ont pas compris ce que vous avez dit, alors Tufargon a inventé quelque chose pour blaguer.

The best way to improve your english is practice it with us. We will help you improve. Don't fear it.

Reactions: Franlac
Ils plaisantent, parce qu'ils n'ont pas compris ce que vous avez dit, alors Tufargon a inventé quelque chose pour blaguer.

The best way to improve your english is practice it with us. We will help you improve. Don't fear it.
Thank you for your compassion ...?
It is important for me to write as much as possible in English.
But often I make mistakes ..

Reactions: Ansia
I speak english not to good !
I'm so sorry but i don't understand the joke, i think that tis very funny but ????
No comprendo ...
But good idéa if i "drive much better" ???
C'était ma tentative d'humour. C'était fait pour s'amuser.

• Love
Reactions: Franlac and Ansia

I understood. It was just my bad attempt at humor. I am english, french bilingual. :)

I like the bologna idea, good stuff.
Took my first flight yesterday also. I have a 60 acre pasture behind my house and explored a very small portion. It was cold and very wind, about 20 mph but I was surprised how well he evo stood steady in the breeze and how it land so precise. I made no videos or pictures, just wanted to concentrate on flying. Think I am going to like this thing.
butch......
I did basically the same thing when I got my first drone. Hey, it's expensive and you don't wanna wreck it. You're gonna have amazing fun with it!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d