Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First cloud vid from my ANAFI

This one almost made fall off my chair.
  • Autonomous features require extra purchase, don’t work well

What a joke. The follow me mode and cameraman mode are the best in any UAV. And that is fact. The Anafi got released July 1st I think so a review on July 2nd the guy had either first firmware that was not released to the public. As soon as you got the Anafi it wanted you to update the firmware. I would love to see someone on a motor bike going up a hill with the EVO in follow me mode. The Anafi will adjust for height where as DJI and EVO's do not.
by DJI you are being very general, the Mavic Air and I think even the spark do adjust and follow elevation changes.

by DJI you are being very general, the Mavic Air and I think even the spark do adjust and follow elevation changes.
They might but every review I have seen both of them lose the object with the littlest thing blocking the view. They all have their limitations but parrot has seemed to have mastered follow me to the point I heard their way is patented. Can't say for sure but someone had brought that up on the Anafi forum.

It's not hard to fly at all. I have only been flying for about 2 years and I say - connection was quicker against my XSP - but in XSP's defense - it was not the drone's fault - it was actually Autel which didn't bother updating the Starlink App. Still having issues connecting at times. Although I'm almost sure now that they won't updating the app because they couldn't even release the Explorer app for the iOS (still on beta) Eventually, the XSP will become paper weight if Apple keeps updating. :(
Yea, I hear ya. I looked around on CL for a used 16GB iPad Air 2 that I only use for the XSP. I stopped updating it when Autel fixed the last issue...Autel might be pressed into “updating” Starlink if Apple stabs them again, I’m sure a lot of XSP’s still flying...

You are right it doesn't come up on my iPad either, I do have it on my iPhone though
You can put iPhone Apps on your iPad, I have several like Uber, Lyft. They might not look as sharp though, as you’ll have to 2X them to fill the screen. Some Apps handle that enlargement better than others...

You can put iPhone Apps on your iPad, I have several like Uber, Lyft. They might not look as sharp though, as you’ll have to 2X them to fill the screen. Some Apps handle that enlargement better than others...
THAT'S BOGUS THOUGH

THAT'S BOGUS THOUGH
How? I just downloaded it onto my 12.9” iPad Pro, hit the full-screen button, and it looks really good... Make sure you look up at the filter tab on the upper left in the App Store. Select iPhone only, search Autel Explorer.85120B60-CB51-4A56-897A-D12C0583EAFC.jpeg

Last edited:
It makes no sense that they haven't made an iPad specific app. I can't d/l it because I have no access to it from m iPad
but it the long run it doesn't really matter I got an android tablet specifically for the HDMI out that the iPad doesn't have. However I find it a bit or more of a bit of a fail on Autel's part not to be ready with an iPad specific version of Explorer.

It is iPad/iPhone specific, it’s just the App Store’s weird quirk. If you can get to the App Store, you have access to it. You just have the default filter on, which is iPad only. You’ll never find it until you change the filter to iPhone Only upper left. It’s a dumb quirk of the App Store, automatically selecting that for you if you are going there on an iPad, not an iPhone... Many developers only make one version for both phones and tablets, and it is kept in the iPhone Only side of the shop.

DUH APPLE!

It looks like it was made for a big tablet after I hit the arrow to expand it, it looks awesome, sharp and crisp. I played with it, you’d never know it wasn’t made for an iPad. Autel did nothing wrong, Apple just out-clevered itself, and us, again...

Last edited:
Reactions: mixchief

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy