Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First cloud vid from my ANAFI

I find flying the Anafi very addicting. Since July I only used my Autel once and that was to just cycle the batteries. The Anafi is such a good little flier and video is up there with the more expensive UAV's.

Take a look at this video from a Parrot Anafi user. He labeled his video as being shot with a M2 pro.

"Posted these in three Mavic groups claiming it was made with a Mavic 2 Pro, everyone believed it.
I'm proud to say I made it with Parrot Anafi.
What do you guys think?
"

Reactions: CathyAnn
The video above is indeed shot with the Anafi. The video flies all start with the P0........numbers. You go on youtube you will not see that number but the link he left on Parrots facebook page clearly shows the file name :)
Just goes to show you that you do not need a EVO or M2 Pro to make nice videos.

Opera Snapshot_2018-09-14_070424_www.facebook.com.png

I find flying the Anafi very addicting. Since July I only used my Autel once and that was to just cycle the batteries. The Anafi is such a good little flier and video is up there with the more expensive UAV's.

Take a look at this video from a Parrot Anafi user. He labeled his video as being shot with a M2 pro.

"Posted these in three Mavic groups claiming it was made with a Mavic 2 Pro, everyone believed it.
What do you guys think?
"

Nice, I wished I live near any good scenery like some of the members do, even that scenery you live in Agustine. Very nice. I also like that you can limit the distance the drone flies. I set mine at 0.6 miles. I know that some of the more expensive ones go really far but after about a mile, it's really hard to see anything in the sky -doesn't matter what color it is :D

Geez the Anfai looked impressive on paper, but the more I read, hear and see -- it might be my next drone. I say that, but I just flew my XSP over Northern Scottsdale (104F at 5pm), and it flew well -- but it doesn't shoot as well as the Anfai. BTW, As soon as I saw the footage, I immediately thought it had to be the Dolimite Alps in Northern Italy. Using Google translate, he mentioned "Passo Pordoi" which I thought sounded familiar -- it's Pordoi Pass. This is one of the most beautiful areas on the planet. I can't emphasize that enough -- one stunning peak after the next. The Yosemite of Europe, but better, the Italians put cafe/bars at every peak -- all have patios with INCREDIBLE views...

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Geez the Anfai looked impressive on paper, but the more I read, hear and see -- it might be my next drone. I say that, but I just flew my XSP over Northern Scottsdale (104F at 5pm), and it flew well -- but it doesn't shoot as well as the Anfai. BTW, As soon as I saw the footage, I immediately thought it had to be the Dolimite Alps in Northern Italy. Using Google translate, he mentioned "Passo Pordoi" which I thought sounded familiar -- it's Pordoi Pass. This is one of the most beautiful areas on the planet. I can't emphasize that enough -- one stunning peak after the next. The Yosemite of Europe, but better, the Italians put cafe/bars at every peak -- all have patios with INCREDIBLE views...
And here I thought you were talking about my video ha ha ha lol, but yeah - the video that Agustine posted is amazing. I'll go to those places when I become independently wealthy lol.

What do you guys think?
"

OK Ag, I want you to TRY and describe how/why the Anfai is so addicting, LOL. It's not that I don't believe you, and I know it's got a great camera, but what has bitten you, what makes it so much fun? Any battery issues, like sudden death?

Well to start no battery issues so far, knock on wood.
The anafi is such a simple little UAV that I can have up and flying in 2 minutes. All the options work right out of the box, my favorite being the flight plan as it has so many different ways to plot a course. It just fits what I like to do with a UAV. Almost like having it in your back pocket just in case you need it when the moment strikes. I know its not for everyone but it works and thats big on my list. Sure having the OA that the EVO has would be nice but for 300 bucks more for something I have never needed is not going to happen.
I had a 1986 Jaguar XJ6 and every year the salesman wanted me to trade up for all those bells and whistles .....I just said no thanks as mine was better and more fun to drive then the new ones. Love that car but that is just my way of thinking. Simple is better. :)

FB_IMG_1450635112176.jpg

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Simple, small, 25% cheaper than EVO with a better camera than XSP has my attention. EVO camera is probably close, but while Autel must tweak an older sensor, Anafi starts with a newer one with more “headroom”. I bet with further firmware updates it gets better and better, especially the 4K HDR function.

I like flying, but after that video wallpaper project, I’m already thinking about a desert version. I guess I’m a human camera, I’ve been hard-wired that way for too long. The screensavers on Apple TV’s are a great example of 4K drone footage use. Simple, well-planned shoots — long straight-line takes over interesting terrain...

I worked for a woman off/on for decades that drove a black XJ6, I think a 1987. Great car, I saw her last month, she still has it!

Last edited:
Well if you end up getting one you are either going to love it or hate it. Some people just cannot get used to the small size. I have seen others who had DJI products seel their DJI stuff after flying the Anafi for a while. I don't think I will go that far selling any of my drones off but I seem to keep picking up the Anafi when I go flying lately.
It is something that is very knew to the game so it will take parrot a while to get things right but so far they have but out 2 updates and both have been to improve on the App and how it connects to different phones. All kinds of Android phones and iOS phones so they had a few issues but all seems to be better now.
Looking forward to some more improvements going forward. To bad winter is coming, not sure if I want to fly this one in the snow. :eek:

I also heard today that the new free App ‘Pix4Dcapture’ for iOS and Adroid now supports the Anafi.
So we now have mapping and 3D modeling, Hmmmm what happened to the EVO stuff that was advertised? :rolleyes:

I also heard today that the new free App ‘Pix4Dcapture’ for iOS and Adroid now supports the Anafi.
So we now have mapping and 3D modeling, Hmmmm what happened to the EVO stuff that was advertised? :rolleyes:
Well if you end up getting one you are either going to love it or hate it. Some people just cannot get used to the small size. I have seen others who had DJI products seel their DJI stuff after flying the Anafi for a while. I don't think I will go that far selling any of my drones off but I seem to keep picking up the Anafi when I go flying lately.
It is something that is very knew to the game so it will take parrot a while to get things right but so far they have but out 2 updates and both have been to improve on the App and how it connects to different phones. All kinds of Android phones and iOS phones so they had a few issues but all seems to be better now.
Looking forward to some more improvements going forward. To bad winter is coming, not sure if I want to fly this one in the snow. :eek:
Yea, fly the XSP in the cold, you have it down!

I read 6-7 reviews of the Anafi today, from a wide variety of perspectives. Interesting. The really odd thing is not one review mentioned the existence of the EVO as a competitor in this field..... The consistent points:
The camera is really good, firmware has made it better. It sounded as though the camera is competitive with drones costing double. 4K HDR footage is unusable (contrasty, super-saturated colors), but likely will improve with updates. Great zoom, super gimbal. All but one says it’s super easy to fly, up and flying in 2 min., no learning curve. All gripe about $$ add-ons to the App. Most say it’s light, but durable enough, battery life best in lightweight class. Some gripe about no obstacle avoidance, some understand why it’s absent. Parrot had to make choices to keep the price-point low, which got it immediate attention. As you say, the folks that liked it, really liked it, those who didn’t, really didn’t. I found the nay-sayers kinda weak in their criticism—primarily the lack of obstacle avoidance. Geeeeeez did they ever fly a drone w/o them? The SD card under the battery is odd, but not a show-stopper? Sounds like there’s no warning if you forget to put-in the SD card, something I’ve done a few times. I think most of the gripes can be handled by firmware updates though...

The in App purchases have been dropped to 99 cents till the 6th of October. Seems this is the way Parrot does it to lower the cost. If you don't need the option don't buy it. They only have two that you can buy and both work perfectly. The SDcard holder is actually a better design if you think about it. Not much to go wrong other then losing the locking door and you can get new ones if you ever do lose one. With the spring loaded SDcard holders I have seen them jam up and the spring part break. Then what are you going to do? This way you just drop the card into place and close the latch. Oh and yes if you forget the card the App tells you in two different places.

20180916_222708_rmscr.jpg

20180916_222615_rmscr.jpg

The in App purchases have been dropped to 99 cents till the 6th of October. Seems this is the way Parrot does it to lower the cost. If you don't need the option don't buy it. They only have two that you can buy and both work perfectly. The SDcard holder is actually a better design if you think about it. Not much to go wrong other then losing the locking door and you can get new ones if you ever do lose one. With the spring loaded SDcard holders I have seen them jam up and the spring part break. Then what are you going to do? This way you just drop the card into place and close the latch. Oh and yes if you forget the card the App tells you in two different places.

View attachment 2732

View attachment 2733
Good points....LOL, well, I got the impression a couple of the reviewers had agendas. One guy (Mashable, I think) said it was really hard to fly! Nobody else said that? What do you think of this review? From July 2nd, it could be early firmware?
Parrot Anafi drone review: flying high, but falling short

Good points....LOL, well, I got the impression a couple of the reviewers had agendas. One guy (Mashable, I think) said it was really hard to fly! Nobody else said that? What do you think of this review? From July 2nd, it could be early firmware?
Parrot Anafi drone review: flying high, but falling short

This one almost made fall off my chair.
  • Autonomous features require extra purchase, don’t work well

What a joke. The follow me mode and cameraman mode are the best in any UAV. And that is fact. The Anafi got released July 1st I think so a review on July 2nd the guy had either first firmware that was not released to the public. As soon as you got the Anafi it wanted you to update the firmware. I would love to see someone on a motor bike going up a hill with the EVO in follow me mode. The Anafi will adjust for height where as DJI and EVO's do not.

It's not hard to fly at all. I have only been flying for about 2 years and I say - connection was quicker against my XSP - but in XSP's defense - it was not the drone's fault - it was actually Autel which didn't bother updating the Starlink App. Still having issues connecting at times. Although I'm almost sure now that they won't updating the app because they couldn't even release the Explorer app for the iOS (still on beta) Eventually, the XSP will become paper weight if Apple keeps updating. :(

It's not hard to fly at all. I have only been flying for about 2 years and I say - connection was quicker against my XSP - but in XSP's defense - it was not the drone's fault - it was actually Autel which didn't bother updating the Starlink App. Still having issues connecting at times. Although I'm almost sure now that they won't updating the app because they couldn't even release the Explorer app for the iOS (still on beta) Eventually, the XSP will become paper weight if Apple keeps updating. :(
Explorer ap is and has been live at the app store for a while now.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58