Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware version 1.3.3.17 released

If they match then the message is probably spurious and can be ignored.
Yes, they all match. Thanks, Yukay.
I really hate ignoring "spurious messages". There is a problem with the software because the message after updating tells me to "try again", leading me to think that the update failed. And why can it not see that the FW is up to date?

My LifThor EVO Tablet Holder is here and I am anxious to try it out.

RU sure it is saying "try again" when I do an update it will either say fail reboot etc or "success reboot aircraft and controller" but nothing else that I remeber, does it say success?

When I boot up it says:

Firmware has been loaded for (V1.3.3.17) Start Upgrading >

after I tap, the tablet it then displays:

Firmware Upgrade
a green download arrow with V1.3.3.17 with three numbered improvements on the right.

When I tap the Start uploading button, a progress bar appears showing:

Sending Firmware (V1.3.3.17)

and the controller also displays Download firmware with a progress bar
Once it reaches 100%, the tablet displays:

Firmware sent successfully check the
upgrade status on the remote control
OK

When I tap OK, the remote displays the various systems with green check marks except RC Player which has a green dot without check mark (which I had not noticed before).

At the bottom of the remote control display, it reads:

Reboot remoter control and aircraft then try again

Also, the tablet indicates that the drone is not connected by showing the "How to connect" in the lower right-hand corner. Usually, I power off the drone first and then the controller but this time I went ahead and powered off the controller and then re started it, nothing happened its showed the drone disconnected. When I powered the drone back on, I got Firmware has been downloaded for (V1.3.3.17) with the Start upgrading message again!!!

I tapped the screen and the whole process began again.

Does unchecked "RC Player" mentioned above mean that there is a problem with the controller?

When I boot up it says:

Firmware has been loaded for (V1.3.3.17) Start Upgrading >

after I tap, the tablet it then displays:

Firmware Upgrade
a green download arrow with V1.3.3.17 with three numbered improvements on the right.

When I tap the Start uploading button, a progress bar appears showing:

Sending Firmware (V1.3.3.17)

and the controller also displays Download firmware with a progress bar
Once it reaches 100%, the tablet displays:

Firmware sent successfully check the
upgrade status on the remote control
OK

When I tap OK, the remote displays the various systems with green check marks except RC Player which has a green dot without check mark (which I had not noticed before).

At the bottom of the remote control display, it reads:

Reboot remoter control and aircraft then try again

Also, the tablet indicates that the drone is not connected by showing the "How to connect" in the lower right-hand corner. Usually, I power off the drone first and then the controller but this time I went ahead and powered off the controller and then re started it, nothing happened its showed the drone disconnected. When I powered the drone back on, I got Firmware has been downloaded for (V1.3.3.17) with the Start upgrading message again!!!

I tapped the screen and the whole process began again.

Does unchecked "RC Player" mentioned above mean that there is a problem with the controller?
Have you tries installing the firmware from the sd card? I find it more reliable. With the 1.2.3. firmware I was also getting the RC player error, consulted with Autel and they told me it was good after they reviewed the firmware list, told em the RC Player was not important and disregard it

the RC Player was not important and disregard it

Oh, great! Ignore another warning message.
Last night, I got a "Magnetic Interference" message and then I found something like compass failure under settings and I tried unsuccessfully to re-calibrate the compass several times. The controller battery got down to 40% or so and recharging overnight only got it to 82%. I was going to try recalibrating again in an empty area but, alas, domestic duties demand my attention. I'll have to see what updating from sd card entails, thanks.

Oh, great! Ignore another warning message.
Last night, I got a "Magnetic Interference" message and then I found something like compass failure under settings and I tried unsuccessfully to re-calibrate the compass several times. The controller battery got down to 40% or so and recharging overnight only got it to 82%. I was going to try recalibrating again in an empty area but, alas, domestic duties demand my attention. I'll have to see what updating from sd card entails, thanks.
Looks like Autel is learning from big brother DJI LOL
Every time I fly my inspire I jump through hood with all the frakin warnings
Every time I tried update over the air I got the RC Player not updated wn=hen done with the sd always worked first time, make sure to format card before transferring bin. file to it

I got the RC Player not updated
PS As I stated earlier, every component listed in the FW update including "Remote Controller" and "RC Panel" appears to be up to date, each displaying the latest version numbers under General, Firmware version.
Now, what I am more troubled by is the RC battery dropped from 82% to 73"% since my last message WHILE TURNED OFF!!!

Also, the compass seems to be "normal" now.

sd always worked first time, make sure to format card before transferring bin. file to it
From the EVO Users 'Manual:

1. Download the all-in-one firmware upgrade package (with a .zip file extension) from Autel Robotics’ official website: www.autelrobotics.com.

2. Insert the SD card into your computer and extract the downloaded file (into a .bin file extension) into your SD card. Then remove your SD card from the computer.

From the website, the file downloaded is: EVO_FW_V1.3.3.17.bin so the extraction mentioned in the User's Manual is incorrect. As suggested, I formatted the SD card in the drone and sure enough, all of my images are now gone (No problem, I had previously saved them) however, there are two folders on the card, DICM and MISC so the question now is, where does this bin file go? I put it in the root and we will see what happens.

3. Insert the SD card into the aircraft to start the upgrade process automatically. You can check the real-time upgrade status displayed on the Flight Information Panel.

4. Turn on the remote control and aircraft.

5. Reboot the remote control and aircraft before use.

OK, in the time it took to do this and get ready to "upgrade", the controller some how gained power to 92% when I powered it up. Anyway, as soon as I powered on the drone, the controller showed "downloading update" and it went fairly quickly. Finally, it displayed "Success" with a large check mark but no list of components. I was instructed to re-boot both the controller and the drone prior to flight.

We will see what it looks like when I get back from the library.

I just got what amounts to a form letter from Alejandro at Autel requesting I send the bird back to them since I'm still having issues. I have responded asking him rot specify what will they do differently now after having had it already etc etc I'm not looking forward to my $1000 should be traveling by truck cross country for two weeks AGAIN instead of traveling with it's own power in the air around my home. Most bothersome, that the letter requests all the same info requested the first time, info that should be in their records under my RO or case number, whatever they want to call it.

From the EVO Users 'Manual:

1. Download the all-in-one firmware upgrade package (with a .zip file extension) from Autel Robotics’ official website: www.autelrobotics.com.

2. Insert the SD card into your computer and extract the downloaded file (into a .bin file extension) into your SD card. Then remove your SD card from the computer.

From the website, the file downloaded is: EVO_FW_V1.3.3.17.bin so the extraction mentioned in the User's Manual is incorrect. As suggested, I formatted the SD card in the drone and sure enough, all of my images are now gone (No problem, I had previously saved them) however, there are two folders on the card, DICM and MISC so the question now is, where does this bin file go? I put it in the root and we will see what happens.

3. Insert the SD card into the aircraft to start the upgrade process automatically. You can check the real-time upgrade status displayed on the Flight Information Panel.

4. Turn on the remote control and aircraft.

5. Reboot the remote control and aircraft before use.

OK, in the time it took to do this and get ready to "upgrade", the controller some how gained power to 92% when I powered it up. Anyway, as soon as I powered on the drone, the controller showed "downloading update" and it went fairly quickly. Finally, it displayed "Success" with a large check mark but no list of components. I was instructed to re-boot both the controller and the drone prior to flight.

We will see what it looks like when I get back from the library.

file goes in the root, just drag it or copy and paste

Reactions: jcommstudios
I just got what amounts to a form letter from Alejandro at Autel requesting I send the bird back to them since I'm still having issues.
Sorry, Mixchief, I missed the description of your problem. I do not really want to send my EVO back either unless it is absolutely necessary. In fact, I will only submit a repair ticket to Autel support when I fail to find a solution with the help of all the more experienced folks on this forum.

Sorry, Mixchief, I missed the description of your problem. I do not really want to send my EVO back either unless it is absolutely necessary. In fact, I will only submit a repair ticket to Autel support when I fail to find a solution with the help of all the more experienced folks on this forum.
Still working with Alejandro, will try a couple more things and if we still have the issues Alejandro wants another crack at the bird and I will give it to him.

In the Explorer app, on the first screen with the whale swimming. In the upper right corner there's a profile icon. Tap it, and one of the options is flight records.

They are beyond cool. You can play your entire flight, pull up thumbnails of photos you shot. It even shows the joystick movements.

In the Explorer app, on the first screen with the whale swimming. In the upper right corner there's a profile icon. Tap it, and one of the options is flight records.

They are beyond cool. You can play your entire flight, pull up thumbnails of photos you shot. It even shows the joystick movements.
COOL, JUST LIKE THE DJI GO APP, ARE YOU ON ANDROID OR IOS?

This feature is only on Android at the moment :(. I've got both iOS and Android versions and that profile pic doesn't show up on iOS.

This feature is only on Android at the moment :(. I've got both iOS and Android versions and that profile pic doesn't show up on iOS.
Ahhhhh, good thing I got an Android tablet for the EVO so I can use goggles with it. I did find it tonight, it's pretty much exactly as DJI Go's which is one of my favorite features of the Go app, happy it was incorporated. Thanks for the heads up.

Is there a way to use that function without uploading all your flight records to the Autel servers?

Reactions: Hysteresis

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill