Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update Problems (UPDATE FIXED)

ClaytonD

Reaction score
Dear whoever can help me with this, a friend of mine is upgrading to the EVO II, and is very graciously letting me have his old EVO I. This is my first drone so when I took it home and took it outside, all I did was start the motors and look at the camera feed. I had an event to go to so I put it in my bag and left. When I came back and started up the app it told be at the bottom that I needed to update the firmware. I figured I had to do this for it to work so I did it. The problem was that I had only taken out the controller and my tablet to update the firmware. The drone battery wasn't on. The firmware said it had finished updating so I turned off the controller and the app, put them in my bag, and went to the front of my neighborhood (because it was more open) to try it out. I got out the drone, tablet, and RC. I connected the RC to my tablet via cable and turned on the drone. The drone flashed yellow and the RC said "Connecting..." but never connected. So I looked up how to pair it and did that. This time the controller said "Matching..." but never paired. So I went home and tried to manually download the firmware. I got the .bin file onto my Micro SD card and inserted it into the drone. I powered on the drone and the controller normally and nothing changed from before. Tried pairing and the same thing happened. Called Autel and no response yet. I thought posting here would be the next thing to do since y'all are active on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First off thank you for reading my message and responding, means a lot. When I started up the drone and rc after inserting the SD Card I let the drone sit there for about 20 minutes. During this time the rc said “connecting...” and the drone flashed yellow on the back. No indication that it was updating.

Reactions: romi
Although I have not personally gone through this, I've heard many that have. Charge everything up, check the SD card that it didn't change the firmware to .old extension and try again. If the drone restarts, then you should be able to pair. If not, you will have to wait for Autel and send it in.

Although I have not personally gone through this, I've heard many that have. Charge everything up, check the SD card that it didn't change the firmware to .old extension and try again. If the drone restarts, then you should be able to pair. If not, you will have to wait for Autel and send it in.
Thanks for the help, i just didn’t have the right as card speed

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d