Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FIRMWARE IS OUT GUYS

I was trying to update my firmware to the 2.0 version and followed the video tutorial. I got about 5 minutes into the download when the aircraft started beeping and flashing all four red lights. Remote Controller stated that the update had failed, so I shut the Aircraft and the RC down. I started the RC up again and then the aircraft and it continues to beep with all four red lights flashing. Anyone jave this happen?

I was trying to update my firmware to the 2.0 version and followed the video tutorial. I got about 5 minutes into the download when the aircraft started beeping and flashing all four red lights. Remote Controller stated that the update had failed, so I shut the Aircraft and the RC down. I started the RC up again and then the aircraft and it continues to beep with all four red lights flashing. Anyone jave this happen?

NO
contact Autel

The firmware file will now have a -old extension to it. rename it by removing the -old and try again or download the file again if you do not know what you are doing. It might take a few times to update but it does work. Let it go through all the peeping and burping it wants to, do not touch it, just let it do it's thing.

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion. I did download the firmware again and tried to update it but it doesn't seem to do anything except beep. I have let it beep for about 10 minutes. No new messages on the RM that would indicate it is making any progress. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to speak to Autel again.

Thanks Again!
Rick

Finally go it to download and appears to be working fine. Took it out for a quick night flight and it flew great! Seems more aggressive but stable!

Thanks!

Reactions: Bigbit
Why does the Upgrade Video say the software is V2 - is the video just ahead of the actual release. When the Rel. V2 is out are we gong to be able to upgrade to the release version??

Guessing they know there will be issues and they left some room with the numbers till the final release. There is suppose to be a new one coming out soon to address issues so this makes sense to me anyways.

Yes - the logic for managing /balancing the battery charging has changed.

Yes, the update utility checks each piece of firmware for version number - if lower than the update, then that piece gets updated. If the same or higher, that piece's firmware is left as is.

Yes. My last battery updated without the Optical Flow updating again.

Can't wait till my next flight. I was a little disappointed to see the .DNG missing EXIF data wasn't fixed, but if the yaw problem is fixed I will be happy.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
I'm with you on that man no data on raw file what a bummer. That's my main update that I want them to update to have data on raw file. Still disappointed in this latest firmware.

Not the best solution but you can always use ExifTool. The alternative was to shoot JPG + RAW where the camera saves EXIF data onto the JPG file and we manually copy the EXIF data from JPG to DNG file or using the Exiftool which does let you copy EXIF metadata from one file to another.
ExifTool by Phil Harvey

Steps listed below is for Macs and I don't have a Windows machine to test but should be pretty identical or you can read through their documentation.

1. Download the Mac OS package

2. Install package

3. Open Terminal

4. Change directory to where your photos are (that has both JPG and DNG)

5. Run the following command without quotes and replace the FILENAME with the actual name of the file.

"exiftool -tagsfromfile FILENAME.JPG -all:all FILENAME.DNG"

6. Open lightroom and click on the up arrow you will see on the image that just changed. See picture below. (It might take a while for this to happen because LR doesn't seem to do any hot reloading and maybe its just a periodic scan. You can also close LR and reopen to force this reload)

Hint: You can press the up key in terminal to get the last command so you don't have type every time you want to run the exiftool command.

Sort of a lengthy post but hope that helps. And I certainly don't like doing this and hope Autel will update the firmware to add EXIF data to DNG files.

Other then this the new beta firmware is great, not one complaint for me. It is ten times better than it was.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials