Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

File transfer from Evo II directly to Android?

hugass

Reaction score
The EVO II doesn't let you transfer big files from the drone to an android, over the controller. Only small files.

Does anybody know if there's a way to transfer vids and pics directly from the drone to an android device, using a USB cable? I would rather do this, than plugging into a computer or constantly having to remove the memory card to transfer. It looks like it would have to be a USB C to USB C, OTG type cable. But not sure if it would work.

Android supports USB-Host for quite some time now. It doesn't work with all hardware though. You have to try.

Yes. I know. I was trying to avoid having to buy, yet another cable that I might never use again, if it doesn't work. I was hoping somebody else has already tried this. Thanks.

I have a USB C to USB A OTG adapter (my phone is usb c). I'm sure I've done it before and it worked but I'll give it another go tomorrow and let you know for sure.

Okay. But the EVO II only has a USB C port on it. So you would need a "USB C to USB C, OTG" cable. Unless you are going through the controller. But I didn't think you could do that to transfer files. Maybe I'm missing something.

USBC OTG to USBA adapter. Then a standard USBA to USBC cable to the drone.

Similar to this:

Then a normal usb A to C to the drone:

I'll try it out here in about an hour.

It works. Was able to transfer large raw images and large videos directly to my android phone.. Was also able to get access to the internal storage on the drone.

Reactions: Kyle
Hey, that's great. Thanks for doing all that work. Now I know what to get. Much appreciated.

No problem. I used to have a standard C to C cable but don't anymore. I'm curious to know if that would work directly instead of an OTG adapter since the drone has it's own power. OTG is mainly only needed for devices that are non-powered (flash drives, keyboards..etc).

I'll see if the store has any cheap C to C cables when I go in later to look for a lighting to C.

Last edited:
Hello I'm a new autel evo user I'm unable to transfer pictures all of the sudden to my Samsung note20 can anyone help?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d