Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Faster Motor Cut!!

577-Jersey

Reaction score
IMO,Autel needs to add a faster way to cut the motors on the XSP.
I was flying in the wind today,25 MPH with gusts 30 or so,the drone handled it perfect!!
Only problem is when i came in for landing I couldn't get the motors off fast enough and the drone stayed on the light side and did a bloop as the wind blew it over.No biggie,but I would like to be able to cut my motors within a second or less so I dont keep mowing grass.

Im editing a video of the flight now,will have it up shortly,third flight still learning how to control this thing..lol

Tommy

In windy conditions I think the standard practice is to just hand catch the drone.

+1

I hand-caught (the XSP) for the first time on my last flight. It was super windy out, and the flattened cardboard box I took off from was flapping around and moving as I got close to it. Because it was moving, dust was also getting kicked up. So I just popped the XSP to about 6', walked up and grabbed it with my right hand, and shut down with my left hand.

Very simple, the landing gear didn't flex or give in any way, and it looked so cool that I was wishing I had an audience. :)

I'll be doing this more often!

I read that somewhere before.Will sure start practicing the hand catch..lol
Thanks for the reply brother!!

Here is the short vid..

Reactions: WildDoktor
Oh man, that's hilarious....I gotta get me some of those fake prop wound stickers!! :D

But yeah; that's exactly how I caught mine, and will from now on. Cool!

I tried the what should be the CSC both sticks in and down at angle while this happened and it was still like 2 seconds.
The reason it happened was the drone was in critical battery warning and came home on its own to land.I must have missed the first warning cause there was a dewd in a car talking to me while I was trying to fly:mad:

I usually pause the aircraft at around 20ft and bring it in on my own.

Thank,s for the vid i will sub the guy,seems really cool.

Thank you very much!
Its just Open Shot in Linux a free editor....I dont do any more than clip,fade,and add audio.
Hope to get some really cool shots this Summer as I get more skill flying the XSP.
Looking back I should have panned down a little,got some prop in the shot :)

You can just pull both sticks toe in, or toe out. It will cut the motors IMMEDIATELY... even if still in the air. SO BE CAREFUL.

You can just pull both sticks toe in, or toe out. It will cut the motors IMMEDIATELY... even if still in the air. SO BE CAREFUL.
Catching it with one hand and moving 2 sticks with the other hand is not an easy way to stop the motors. I also wish there would be a one button solution to stop the motors quickly.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

Left stick fully down once on the ground for a second or two stops the motors with the new beta firmware. No need to use both sticks at all.

And it appears the firmware is smart enough to correlate that action to height from the ground?

I hand catch and use left stick down to kill props. Yet I am able to use left stick down to quickly descend from high altitude without accidently killing props. Cool.

Reactions: wernerjb

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials