Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Fall colors around my home town

I used Adobe Premiere on this one and when saved the file size dropped from 3.6 Gigs to 336 MBs o_O
Have no idea why but the file uploaded to youtube is all jerky for me and the original one is not.
Very strange as this is the first time I have had this problem.

I used Adobe Premiere on this one and when saved the file size dropped from 3.6 Gigs to 336 MBs o_O
Have no idea why but the file uploaded to youtube is all jerky for me and the original one is not.
Very strange as this is the first time I have had this problem.
Nice color. What are the yellow trees? I get the same thing once in awhile. I think it might be my connection but who knows. I have started to shoot in 1080 at 60 fps to see if it is the conversion process. Sometimes I wish I understood all I know!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Lovely colours, but I think you've lost too much detail on the export, which has made your otherwise wonderful trees go somewhat fuzzy; 300 odd MB is a very small file size for a 4K video of this length. I'd export that one again at a much higher bit rate - perhaps 50Mb/sec, producing a file size of nearer 1 GB or so ? Youtube will reduce that of course, but it helps if you give it lots of information to work with.

I have to confess I'm a big fan of transcoding 4k footage down to 1080P with handbrake, with a decent whack of Laplacian sharpening along the way. That gives me really nice '4k-like' results at 1080p (far better than you get recording natively at 1080), and means I get much more manageable file sizes and editing workflow, and still fairly quick uploads whilst exporting at reasonably high bitrate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hysteresis
Lovely colours, but I think you've lost too much detail on the export, which has made your otherwise wonderful trees go somewhat fuzzy; 300 odd MB is a very small file size for a 4K video of this length. I'd export that one again at a much higher bit rate - perhaps 50Mb/sec, producing a file size of nearer 1 GB or so ? Youtube will reduce that of course, but it helps if you give it lots of information to work with.

Ya thanks for that. That was my point, I never changed any settings in Premiere and I use it very often so I have no idea why it output such a small file. Think I will just chalk it up to a windows screw up. Next time I go to use it I am going to have to look to see what might have got changed. Its almost like it used a proxie file but I did not set up a proxie on this one.

Ya so I took a small section of the water falls and loaded it up in Adobe Premiere. Been watching Peter McKinnon tutorials for Premiere and wanted to try his method for slow motion using the footage you have on hand without getting that jerky look. The 20 second file was turned into a 51 second file. I then used the 4K youtube option for exporting it. Seems to be a lot better then one one posted above.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d